[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - Aces

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      CO unknown, BTN fishy. Easy squeeze ...Could to it a bit bigger but I thought I didn't have to cause the fish is short.
      Worst flop ever lol?? :P . Ch/f is too weak so I decided to bet (not too big). I wished only the fish called, but...
      I think that villain would raise 2pair+ OTF so I bet turn for protection (draws) and value from AK maybe...

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1807577
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $25.00
      BTN: $10.75
      SB: $34.26
      Hero (BB): $30.17
      UTG: $58.55

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :spade: A :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, CO calls $2.25, BTN calls $2.25

Flop: ($9.10) T :club: Q :spade: K :spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $4.75, CO calls $4.75, BTN folds

Turn: ($18.60) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.85
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

The problem is that the flop is actually hitting hardly their ranges, especially both even calling. It's going to be really difficult to gain value here. So I am not sure if I am going to CB in first place here. Only reason to CB is to pick up the sizing ourselves and block-bet it but then again on the turn already we will have a huge pot.

Vs loose ranges we can of course do that and I don't mind but vs the unknown guy who might have rather strong range in his 3bet-calling range I'd be towards at some point just Check/Folding, we haven't invested that much into the pot to go for thin value-bet spots. If I'd CB then I'd pick up like $4 on the flop and would have even smaller pot on the turn and then also near 1/2 on the turn for free showdown/protection.

Best Regards.