Bankroll Advice/Material Help!?

• JoeRichy
      JoeRichy
      Bronze
      Got a free $10 PartyPoker bonus ~ requires 60 points to clear it
      Bankroll currently at $34 and 41% bonus cleared

Problem is I have been dabbling in a bit of all the games and came to the conclusion that I wanted to learn one game and strategy and master it to play profitable poker for once in my loooooong 2 or so years of playing.

My question to you is what should I try to learn first considering my bankroll and can you link me the material? (I'm lazy) :f_biggrin:

So incase you hadn't gathered I'm a shit player, a losing player, a donk, a fish whatever you want to call me lol but I'm trying to change that and relearn the game the right way any advice welcomed and appreciated.

much love :f_love: Joe a.k.a nemo
  • 8 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi JoeRichy,
      I moved this to Beginners' Questions (even though you're not a beginner) because it might attract more attention here.

For people in your position, I recommend the NL Beginner's course (the link is in my sig).

It is essentially all the material you're looking for, organized in a sensible progression.

Good luck!
      --VS
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JoeRichy
      Got a free $10 PartyPoker bonus ~ requires 60 points to clear it
      Bankroll currently at $34 and 41% bonus cleared

Problem is I have been dabbling in a bit of all the games and came to the conclusion that I wanted to learn one game and strategy and master it to play profitable poker for once in my loooooong 2 or so years of playing.

My question to you is what should I try to learn first considering my bankroll and can you link me the material? (I'm lazy) :f_biggrin:

So incase you hadn't gathered I'm a shit player, a losing player, a donk, a fish whatever you want to call me lol but I'm trying to change that and relearn the game the right way any advice welcomed and appreciated.

much love :f_love: Joe a.k.a nemo
      first of all you need to work on this (I'm lazy)
      unless your happy to be just another recreational player :]
    • JoeRichy
      JoeRichy
      Bronze
      well it wasn't so much lazy more of a way of saying I don't know what to do...without admitting it ofcourse
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      well it wasn't so much lazy more of a way of saying I don't know what to do...without admitting it ofcourse
      No shame in admitting you dont know what to do quite the opposite in fact
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      :D Hi JoeRichy

First of all you need to make the decision of what game type you want to pursue, no one can really make this decision for you. It's going to be something you work on for most weeks if not days of your life for however long you play for.

If you do decide to go for No Limit Cash Games then yes like Vorpal said the beginner course is a great place to start, you can find all articles or videos by clicking the strategy or the video tabs at the top of the website

Let us know what game type you pick and we can direct you to some more specific material.

Good luck
      Carl
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      No shame in admitting you dont know what to do quite the opposite in fact
      Also this is very true. you will need to learn to not be afraid to ask any question that come into your mind to help you improve
    • JoeRichy
      JoeRichy
      Bronze
      cheers lads much appreciated think I'm going to have a start at the beginners course because I want to learn cash games as it's the bread and butter of poker just back from 6-a-side though won 8-1 :D so I will have a start at it tomorrow thanks for all the reply's. all the best
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Joe!!

Everything is said really! The NL beginners Course is THE best thing you can do! One of the most important things as a beginner though is to stick to your bankroll management!

RasTweet