This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10: ATo top pair

• HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm very unsure how to play that hand correctly. I think my flop bet should have been bigger like 1.10 or so. Apart from that, dunno how to react to his raise. I thought a fold would be to weak, he could be on a draw or pure bluff, so i called (was thinking about reraising too). Turn is a blank, i decided to check and see what happens. After his bet i think it's a fold/shove decision, because if i call i'm committed anyway (he will have ~5$ left in a 14,xx$ pot). What would have been the optimal line?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.90)
      BB ($3.85)
      UTG ($4)
      Hero ($18.18)
      UTG+2 ($4.70)
      CO ($10.53)
      BTN ($12.80) [ 19 / 13 / 7.5 / 17 (170h) ]

Dealt to Hero A:club: T:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.35) T:club: 2:club: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $0.95, CO folds, BTN raises to $2.70, Hero calls $1.75

TURN ($6.75) T:club: 2:club: 8:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3.90, Hero raises to $15.08 (AI), ...
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HughJazz82,

Flop: I'd most likely just Bet/Fold it here cause we are also OOP, even if he doesn't have a made hand he will have definitely decent equity against our hand.

As played
      Turn: Do you think he is going to even 2nd barrel here if he gets a free cards with draws after our Call? You also hold the nutFD A. But then again what's the purpose of calling the flop and folding the blank turn?

Best Regards.
    • HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      But then again what's the purpose of calling the flop and folding the blank turn?
      That's the point. If i call the flop and fold on that turn, something looks wrong. If i call that turn i am committed.
      Of course bet/folding flop is a possible play, but then which hands are we not folding vs. a flop raise? Only sets, AA-JJ and draws? Why should i play JJ differently than AT? If i fold AT here, i fold almost my entire range. Not sure if this can be good.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HughJazz82
      Originally posted by veriz
      But then again what's the purpose of calling the flop and folding the blank turn?
      That's the point. If i call the flop and fold on that turn, something looks wrong. If i call that turn i am committed.
      Of course bet/folding flop is a possible play, but then which hands are we not folding vs. a flop raise? Only sets, AA-JJ and draws? Why should i play JJ differently than AT? If i fold AT here, i fold almost my entire range. Not sure if this can be good.
      So, and what's the problem here? It's not a board which gonna be like every 2nd time. :) What's weak there to Bet/Fold it, please tell me. :)