[NL2-NL10] NL10: ATo top pair

• HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm very unsure how to play that hand correctly. I think my flop bet should have been bigger like 1.10 or so. Apart from that, dunno how to react to his raise. I thought a fold would be to weak, he could be on a draw or pure bluff, so i called (was thinking about reraising too). Turn is a blank, i decided to check and see what happens. After his bet i think it's a fold/shove decision, because if i call i'm committed anyway (he will have ~5$ left in a 14,xx$ pot). What would have been the optimal line?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.90)
      BB ($3.85)
      UTG ($4)
      Hero ($18.18)
      UTG+2 ($4.70)
      CO ($10.53)
      BTN ($12.80) [ 19 / 13 / 7.5 / 17 (170h) ]

Dealt to Hero A:club: T:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.35) T:club: 2:club: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $0.95, CO folds, BTN raises to $2.70, Hero calls $1.75

TURN ($6.75) T:club: 2:club: 8:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3.90, Hero raises to $15.08 (AI), ...
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HughJazz82,

Flop: I'd most likely just Bet/Fold it here cause we are also OOP, even if he doesn't have a made hand he will have definitely decent equity against our hand.

As played
      Turn: Do you think he is going to even 2nd barrel here if he gets a free cards with draws after our Call? You also hold the nutFD A. But then again what's the purpose of calling the flop and folding the blank turn?

Best Regards.
    • HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      But then again what's the purpose of calling the flop and folding the blank turn?
      That's the point. If i call the flop and fold on that turn, something looks wrong. If i call that turn i am committed.
      Of course bet/folding flop is a possible play, but then which hands are we not folding vs. a flop raise? Only sets, AA-JJ and draws? Why should i play JJ differently than AT? If i fold AT here, i fold almost my entire range. Not sure if this can be good.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HughJazz82
      Originally posted by veriz
      But then again what's the purpose of calling the flop and folding the blank turn?
      That's the point. If i call the flop and fold on that turn, something looks wrong. If i call that turn i am committed.
      Of course bet/folding flop is a possible play, but then which hands are we not folding vs. a flop raise? Only sets, AA-JJ and draws? Why should i play JJ differently than AT? If i fold AT here, i fold almost my entire range. Not sure if this can be good.
      So, and what's the problem here? It's not a board which gonna be like every 2nd time. :) What's weak there to Bet/Fold it, please tell me. :)