u can't bluff the fish

• bubababu
      Hello! My name is Bogdan, i'm a romanian community member and now i decided to start a blog here aswell because it really motivates me.

Why this name ??? Simple: I'm a fishy calling station !

I play poker for 2 years now but from this year i decided to take it more seriously. I played FR BSS on 888 but i want to start a supernova chase and just withdraw main part of my bankroll for this and moved it to stars.

:diamond: 888 Graph :diamond:

:diamond: 888 Winrates :diamond:

My goals:

888 - bankroll: 300$

-NL10 -> NL100 until the end of the year
      -25K hands/month with 10bb/100
      -play 2h/day on 8 tables

stars - bankroll: 2K$

-NL50 -> NL100 -> reach supernova until the end of the year
      -120K hands/month with at least 2bb/100
      -play 6h/day on 16 tables

:diamond: I will try to update at least once a week so any advice, critics will improve my game for sure. I'm sorry for my bad english.
  • 19 replies
    • fruktpuff
      Welcome to the English community and to our blogging section!

How come you consider yourself a fishy calling station then? Your graphs looks a lot like that of quite a competent player!

Looking forward to following your progress!

• dan133
      Hehe, hello my friend :D Good Luck!
    • circoflax
      Why do you plan to play lower on 888? Just consider it a common bankroll and play NL50 and more. In case you hit some swings at the beginning on 888, just move some money back from stars. 10BB/100 at nl50 is awesome, especially if you can put in that volume. I get super tired after playing more than 2k hands in one day, so I just lock it up. Ofc, being a super idiot, I keep playing if I'm down, cause I know I won't be able to sleep... :f_mad:

That's a nice graph, don't you ever hit swings and run 20BB < EV in 3 days like I do?

What city you from, cause I'm Romanian too.
    • DrDunne
      hi bogdan and welcome!

lol i doubt you are a fishy calling station with a graph like that! i will be following this blog.
      good luck
    • T3rMiT3
      GO GO GO!!!

• bogstratos
      Hello Bogdan!

My name is also Bogdan but I'm relatively new and haven't been active at all in the romanian community! :f_biggrin:

That is a sick sick graph tbh, I'm playing NL10 atm and being an actual fish I don't even dream of that winrate over 90k hands!

Best of luck with your goals, I'll be following this blog for sure!
    • EmanuelC16
      Hello there!

8 hours/day just playing?! When do you study and review?

I also agree with circoflax. Just consider you have 2.3k total bankroll and play NL50 on both sites. Playing NL10 when being rolled for and winner at NL50 is a very big waste of time, unless you have some propbets going which make up for the lost winnings for lower limit. :D

• pwntatochips
      nice graph, GL!
    • bubababu
      Thx for the kind welcome!

@fruktpuff: Thx, u'll see in a sec why i'm a calling station :D

@dan133: Glad to see you here aswell, gl to you too!

@circoflax: I don't wanna touch my stars roll because i don't know how i'll manage there. In 2 months max i must be at NL100 with 4K ROLL, i can't afford any mistakes. This is my case also, i didn't put volume until now but i decided to start this challenge to change this, i hope i'll be victorious at the end of the year.

@DrDunne: Thx!

@T3rMiT3: Hehehehe, i will crush them!

@bogstratos: Hi Bogdan! :D :D Just study and u'll have a similar winrate, i didn't dream eighter, it just happend :f_cool:

@Emanuel: Hi, i studied until now, volume was the last on the list! I know i have to study and review my game constantly but i will sacrifice that a little. I answered earlier why i play NL10 at 888, i know i can beat the game there and i will go up on 20BI's. BRM is the key to succes!

@pwntatochips: Thx!

:diamond: I founded a hand that i have played last month: It ilustrates perfectly why i named the blog like that :D

CO: $39.30 (78.6 bb)
      BTN: $44.79 (89.6 bb)
      SB: $18.04 (36.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $70.55 (141.1 bb)
      UTG+2: $58.67 (117.3 bb)
      MP1: $71.02 (142 bb)
      MP2: $71 (142 bb)
      MP3: $24 (48 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J K
      6 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 4 A 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4) A (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($13) A (2 players)
      SB bets $11.54 and is all-in, Hero calls $11.54

Results: $36.08 pot ($1.80 rake)

SB showed Q 8 and lost (-$18.04 net)
      Hero showed J K and won $34.28 ($16.24 net)
    • AriGold1980
      Go,go,go fish !!
    • bubababu
      @AriGold: Where ? :D

Finally the moneyz arrived to my account so i can start this challenge. First impression: bunch of NITS :s_biggrin:

I decided to start with NL25 - 1 week and then go to NL50 because i wanna get used to the platform and players, nothing special. I will try to gather 15K VPPs and from now on i won't look at my graphs or cashier until at the end of the week.

I need to make some changes in my game, i mean on 888 i played something like 22/19 FR on 8 tables :s_cool: so here i will try like 16/14 on 16 tables. I don't wanna just push some buttons, i wanna play poker.

:club: Can anybody tell me some decent hours to play on stars at these stakes ??? because i want to make a schedule, to organise my time better.

Good start, here's the first session:

See ya!
    • cozacu
      GL :)
    • bubababu
      @cozacu: GL to you too!

This is the first update - i have played only 4 days until now:

:diamond: STARS :diamond:

-i'm still struggling with short and mid stackers and try to adapt to the platform
      -i was a little bit unlucky, many suckouts, coolers and so on
      -i have played a lot of hands badly
      -i will play NL25 this week and then go up to NL50

:diamond: 888 :diamond:

-here i have played quite good, i've gonne up to NL20 and NL30
      -hope i'll reach NL50 till the end of the month

The journey continues!
    • bubababu
      Here's my second update - until now i have:
      hands: 45K
      profit: 250$
      winrate: 2bb/100
      VPPs: 3400

I'm not happy about this but i ran very, very bad. I've lost some pots to greats hands (52 or Q7) in 4bet pots ... i just hope to catch those champs at my tables soon.

I'm happy that i didn't look at my graph until now and concentrated only on my play.

Today i will play some satellites with mys FPPs, and also my last sessions at NL25 and from monday i will go to NL50. I hope i will run a little better.

Good luck at the tables!
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Awesome blog, sick graph

Will be following your progress, good luck!
    • fruktpuff
      Those hands make for great notes and player colourcodings!
    • bubababu
      @Tiltmeifucan: Don't know if its a awesome blog but thx very much! GL to you too!

@fruktpuff: They were marked from the first 10 hands, its hard to miss them when they play 80/40 in 200 hands or so. :s_biggrin:
    • bubababu
      Update nr. 2:

Sick! This is the hardest moment for me, i feel that i didn't play poker this month, i was just pushing some butons. My brain slept a lot and my hand reading sucked.

I changed my style very often + a very bad run and combined with bad play afected me mentally. Started playing 16 tables then switched to 24 tables NL25 and then played ZOOM NL50. I just hope i will recover very quickly and crush in the future.

I'm glad because i managed to respect my plan and played like 6-8h a day and thats a very huge improvement for me.

I reached platinum status, finally ... hope u like my picture :s_biggrin:

I will try to post some hands next time! Good luck at the tables!
    • slipkn6t
      Hey whats up! How do you avoid the 6-table limitation?