This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

u can't bluff the fish

• bubababu
      bubababu
      Bronze
      Hello! My name is Bogdan, i'm a romanian community member and now i decided to start a blog here aswell because it really motivates me.

Why this name ??? Simple: I'm a fishy calling station !

I play poker for 2 years now but from this year i decided to take it more seriously. I played FR BSS on 888 but i want to start a supernova chase and just withdraw main part of my bankroll for this and moved it to stars.

:diamond: 888 Graph :diamond:

:diamond: 888 Winrates :diamond:

My goals:

888 - bankroll: 300$

-NL10 -> NL100 until the end of the year
      -25K hands/month with 10bb/100
      -play 2h/day on 8 tables

stars - bankroll: 2K$

-NL50 -> NL100 -> reach supernova until the end of the year
      -120K hands/month with at least 2bb/100
      -play 6h/day on 16 tables

:diamond: I will try to update at least once a week so any advice, critics will improve my game for sure. I'm sorry for my bad english.
  • 19 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to the English community and to our blogging section!

How come you consider yourself a fishy calling station then? Your graphs looks a lot like that of quite a competent player!

Looking forward to following your progress!

Regards,
      Richard
    • dan133
      dan133
      Bronze
      Hehe, hello my friend :D Good Luck!
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Why do you plan to play lower on 888? Just consider it a common bankroll and play NL50 and more. In case you hit some swings at the beginning on 888, just move some money back from stars. 10BB/100 at nl50 is awesome, especially if you can put in that volume. I get super tired after playing more than 2k hands in one day, so I just lock it up. Ofc, being a super idiot, I keep playing if I'm down, cause I know I won't be able to sleep... :f_mad:

That's a nice graph, don't you ever hit swings and run 20BB < EV in 3 days like I do?

What city you from, cause I'm Romanian too.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi bogdan and welcome!

lol i doubt you are a fishy calling station with a graph like that! i will be following this blog.
      good luck
      Lewis.
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Bronze
      GO GO GO!!!

CRUSH THE LIMITS!!!

• bogstratos
      bogstratos
      Bronze
      Hello Bogdan!

My name is also Bogdan but I'm relatively new and haven't been active at all in the romanian community! :f_biggrin:

That is a sick sick graph tbh, I'm playing NL10 atm and being an actual fish I don't even dream of that winrate over 90k hands!

Best of luck with your goals, I'll be following this blog for sure!
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hello there!

8 hours/day just playing?! When do you study and review?

I also agree with circoflax. Just consider you have 2.3k total bankroll and play NL50 on both sites. Playing NL10 when being rolled for and winner at NL50 is a very big waste of time, unless you have some propbets going which make up for the lost winnings for lower limit. :D

Cheers.
    • pwntatochips
      pwntatochips
      Bronze
      nice graph, GL!
    • bubababu
      bubababu
      Bronze
      Thx for the kind welcome!

@fruktpuff: Thx, u'll see in a sec why i'm a calling station :D

@dan133: Glad to see you here aswell, gl to you too!

@circoflax: I don't wanna touch my stars roll because i don't know how i'll manage there. In 2 months max i must be at NL100 with 4K ROLL, i can't afford any mistakes. This is my case also, i didn't put volume until now but i decided to start this challenge to change this, i hope i'll be victorious at the end of the year.

@DrDunne: Thx!

@T3rMiT3: Hehehehe, i will crush them!

@bogstratos: Hi Bogdan! :D :D Just study and u'll have a similar winrate, i didn't dream eighter, it just happend :f_cool:

@Emanuel: Hi, i studied until now, volume was the last on the list! I know i have to study and review my game constantly but i will sacrifice that a little. I answered earlier why i play NL10 at 888, i know i can beat the game there and i will go up on 20BI's. BRM is the key to succes!

@pwntatochips: Thx!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:diamond: I founded a hand that i have played last month: It ilustrates perfectly why i named the blog like that :D

CO: $39.30 (78.6 bb)
      BTN: $44.79 (89.6 bb)
      SB: $18.04 (36.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $70.55 (141.1 bb)
      UTG+2: $58.67 (117.3 bb)
      MP1: $71.02 (142 bb)
      MP2: $71 (142 bb)
      MP3: $24 (48 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J K
      6 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 4 A 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4) A (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($13) A (2 players)
      SB bets $11.54 and is all-in, Hero calls $11.54

Results: $36.08 pot ($1.80 rake)

SB showed Q 8 and lost (-$18.04 net)
      Hero showed J K and won $34.28 ($16.24 net)
    • AriGold1980
      AriGold1980
      Bronze
      Go,go,go fish !!
    • bubababu
      bubababu
      Bronze
      @AriGold: Where ? :D

Finally the moneyz arrived to my account so i can start this challenge. First impression: bunch of NITS :s_biggrin:

I decided to start with NL25 - 1 week and then go to NL50 because i wanna get used to the platform and players, nothing special. I will try to gather 15K VPPs and from now on i won't look at my graphs or cashier until at the end of the week.

I need to make some changes in my game, i mean on 888 i played something like 22/19 FR on 8 tables :s_cool: so here i will try like 16/14 on 16 tables. I don't wanna just push some buttons, i wanna play poker.

:club: Can anybody tell me some decent hours to play on stars at these stakes ??? because i want to make a schedule, to organise my time better.

Good start, here's the first session:

See ya!
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      GL :)
    • bubababu
      bubababu
      Bronze
      @cozacu: GL to you too!

This is the first update - i have played only 4 days until now:

:diamond: STARS :diamond:

-i'm still struggling with short and mid stackers and try to adapt to the platform
      -i was a little bit unlucky, many suckouts, coolers and so on
      -i have played a lot of hands badly
      -i will play NL25 this week and then go up to NL50

:diamond: 888 :diamond:

-here i have played quite good, i've gonne up to NL20 and NL30
      -hope i'll reach NL50 till the end of the month

The journey continues!
    • bubababu
      bubababu
      Bronze
      Here's my second update - until now i have:
      hands: 45K
      profit: 250$
      winrate: 2bb/100
      VPPs: 3400

I'm not happy about this but i ran very, very bad. I've lost some pots to greats hands (52 or Q7) in 4bet pots ... i just hope to catch those champs at my tables soon.

I'm happy that i didn't look at my graph until now and concentrated only on my play.

Today i will play some satellites with mys FPPs, and also my last sessions at NL25 and from monday i will go to NL50. I hope i will run a little better.

Good luck at the tables!
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Awesome blog, sick graph

Will be following your progress, good luck!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Those hands make for great notes and player colourcodings!
    • bubababu
      bubababu
      Bronze
      @Tiltmeifucan: Don't know if its a awesome blog but thx very much! GL to you too!

@fruktpuff: They were marked from the first 10 hands, its hard to miss them when they play 80/40 in 200 hands or so. :s_biggrin:
    • bubababu
      bubababu
      Bronze
      Update nr. 2:

Sick! This is the hardest moment for me, i feel that i didn't play poker this month, i was just pushing some butons. My brain slept a lot and my hand reading sucked.

I changed my style very often + a very bad run and combined with bad play afected me mentally. Started playing 16 tables then switched to 24 tables NL25 and then played ZOOM NL50. I just hope i will recover very quickly and crush in the future.

I'm glad because i managed to respect my plan and played like 6-8h a day and thats a very huge improvement for me.

I reached platinum status, finally ... hope u like my picture :s_biggrin:

I will try to post some hands next time! Good luck at the tables!
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      Hey whats up! How do you avoid the 6-table limitation?