AcessUP poker story/blog

• AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      Hi everyone!

I am a 19 year old student living in south america. I am studying business finance =) I've been playing poker a little bit over a year now after I saw a couple of my friends playing a small stakes game before school started one day. It was the chips, the real money, and the cards that attracted me to game, so the vegas came out of me. lol.

I learned how to play through one of my friends but he didn't teach me much, he just tought me the hands ranking charts and who's the SB/BB. haha. But other than that I hadn't read a book over poker. I haven't at all. The only knowledge I have is from PS. (thanks PS btw ;) )

Anyway, I then discovered online poker and made my first account on Bodog poker playing the play money to practice for my friend's regular home games. But I was hooked!

I first started playing at the real money tables after I had won $64 from a 1k freeroll with 5k ppl that I placed 5th out of. But since I was only a fishy I lost it all due to bad BRM and bad fishy calls. And then thats when I found this site. I liked how I could get the education that I never had and won the starting capital =)

I decided to deposit the money on Stars and a couple months after I brought my BR to $164 following the BR and article 100% but a couple of weeks ago I had brought BR to $.04 because I cheated a little =/ But I blame it moslty on how I easily get bored and anxious.

I was really pissed off, especially at myself but then i remembered that I could still use my points for satellites and it wasn't until last week that I used my Stars points and won $11 for the sunday hundred grand. But I had decided to unregister from the tourney and use it for SNG's. So last night I used the $11 on SNGs and I now have my BR to $39 :D and I am planning on reading more articles and slowly get my BR up and stick to BRM 100% like i did.

I am of a tournament person but I've been finding myself getting more into cash games so now that I have a second chance at building my BR I will be posting more hands on the forums and I plan on making it big like Chenny8888 (I like how he started with only $22 and brought it to $2k!!!) so that inspired me.

Thank you guys for reading and keep me on the look out!!!
  • 8 replies
    • adsss
      adsss
      Global
      Hey acessup, nice comeback, hope your BR reaches back where it was
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Nice read!

I think I would play SSS on NL10 to build a bankroll in the beginning and after you reach 150$ decide if you would play SnG's or cashgame BSS. But hey, that's just me. Anyway gl on your bankroll building;)
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      Hey Snodreliss!

Thank you! And that's what Im definately doing im trying to build up my BR through the lower limits and then once I have a comfortable bankroll Im going to start grinding the sngs! Ill be posting up some graphs soon too!
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hey AcessUP,

Very nice read so far, hope u can continue your blog for a while and keep us informed about the progress. I agree with Snodreliss, start at NL10 with the SSS and then move up.... You have to learn how to walk before u can run and SSS teaches u the basics.

Good luck!
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      hey everyone,

well after a year of not posting anything, its time. Well, long story short I moved to the US, after I had lost all of my money on stars. Either way I couldn't cash it due to not being in south America. I am still playing online but on full tilt. I am playing Limit .25/.50. I am doing really good. Too bad I am not scoring any points on PS. But anywho... that's about it.
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      Once again hey everyone,

Well since it's still early January I have some goals for this month. Currently Im almost done with NL10 and about to switch to NL25. I haven't played limit 50 in like a week or so just because I had been craving NL for a while lol. I will go back to limit once I finish reading Small Stakes Holdem by Ed Miller and Sklansky and Malmuth. And once I do, I want to start again at FL100 but that wont be long. I don't really like setting BR goals just because things like that can be unpredictable. But here is what I want out of this month.

-move from NL10 to NL25(almost accomplished)

-finish reading small stakes holdem and continue to play FL at FL100.

-move from NL25 to NL50 by the end of the month.

-make a final table at any MTT.

I also love playing the short stack and that's what I've been playing at it. I am big believer in this strategy. I like playing it super-hyper-aggressive. But I play it in a way that I confuse my opponents that I am a complete donkey just so they will make a million mistakes on me. And it feels so damn good haha. I will post hands later throughout my blog referring to it.

But for now, look at this sick lay down I made vs. Full Tilt pro Kenny Tran and Gan241 at his table. So sick....

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 33
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.4 SB) Hero is UTG with A :spade: A :diamond:
      Hero raises, 2 folds, Kenny Tran calls, Gan241 calls, 2 folds, BB calls

Hated that raise and 3-bet. Especially against 2 LAGs.
      Flop: (8.4 SB) 5 :heart: 7 :diamond: 4 :diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, Kenny Tran raises, Gan241 3-bets, BB folds, Hero calls, Kenny Tran calls

Sick...
      Turn: (8.7 BB) T :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, Kenny Tran bets, Gan241 raises, Hero folds, Kenny Tran calls

River: (12.7 BB) Q :club: (2 players)
      Kenny Tran, Gan241 checks

Final Pot: 12.7 BB
      Kenny Tran 8 :diamond: 9 :heart:
      Gan241shows 5 :diamond: 6 :diamond: (a pair of Fives)
      Gan241 wins 12.1 BB
      (Rake: $0.30)

this was the flop. Sick.

Board: 5h 7d 4d
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 34.219% 34.22% 00.00% 309 0.00 { AdAs }
      Hand 1: 11.406% 11.41% 00.00% 103 0.00 { 9h8d }
      Hand 2: 54.374% 54.37% 00.00% 491 0.00 { 6d5d }

And on the turn...even more sick.

Board: 5h 7d 4d Th
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 50.000% 50.00% 00.00% 21 0.00 { AdAs }
      Hand 1: 14.286% 14.29% 00.00% 6 0.00 { 9h8d }
      Hand 2: 35.714% 35.71% 00.00% 15 0.00 { 6d5d }

They play so loose I had to fold. But anyway, I will post more updates!
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      do you know that kenny tran is a very successfull poker pro so i would be very showdown bound with them aces vs him in mirco limits.
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      Originally posted by jmackenzie
      do you know that kenny tran is a very successfull poker pro so i would be very showdown bound with them aces vs him in mirco limits.
      yeah I know that. But he's a very good LAG as a matter of fact.