Introduction!

• Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Hey everyone, my name is Jake or Jaiimc - which is my online identity. I'm currently 18 years old and living in England, where I was born.

I've been a gamer since a young age, console and computer gaming that is. Computers have been my primary interest from a very young age, with the exception of Poker.

A friend of mine, when I was 9 or so, showed me a cool little game on the computer which was basically a poker game against computers. I fell in love the game of poker instantly, and started playing this computer game all the time.

After a while, the novelty wore off and I moved on to shooting games etc, occasionally reading a little on poker here and there but never really playing. A few years went by and I forgot about poker for the most part, until I turned 14 or 15, when I discovered a game called Puzzle Pirates - it had hold'em poker in it and my love for poker was rediscovered.

I played the game from all aspects, I didn't just play on the poker tables, but I did make my first million or so from around 7,000 in game currency - which I was pretty proud of. I soon lost it all and went back to the other parts of the game - playing poker occasionally when I had a bit of spare ingame money.

I played here for around a year in total, but then lost interest in the game and as a result left poker again. Got interested in some other games, began studying for my exams that were coming up - the usual life of a 16 year old.

I came back to puzzle pirates at the start of my first year at college. It may sound sad but the game, desite it's very child-like appearance, is a fairly good brain teasing game. I fell back in love with poker and fluctuated between a few hundred thousand and a few million for quite a long time, decided my poker game definitely was not the best and left the game again.

I returned for a third or fourth time 2 months back, again fluctuated rapidly on the poker tables and am still doing so to this day. I turned 18 a month ago and have been interested and awaiting turning 18 for a very long time to begin playing online and hopefully live poker in the future.

The main reasoning behind this was due to the lack of skill on the game I'm playing. I know I'm not the best but these people tend to raise with nothing and hit on the river, they'll smoothcall with nothing and hit on the river as though it was planned etc.

So yeah, that's my poker history in a nutshell. I'm still young and learning as I go.

I found poker strategy whilst searching to improve my poker game, I've read a few articles here and already feel I'm a much stronger player because of it. I found my self unable to put down any face cards until I read the preflop play article.

I recently got my free $10 starting capital and entered a tournament on William Hill. I was up to 15k chips and was #20 overall, but lost a hand as I was writing this and am now down to 10k chips.

I'm hoping to finish in the top 20 at least, although I'm not sure as my poker technique still has a lot of leaks.

So, yeah. Thanks for reading. Here to learn!
  • 4 replies
    • Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Finished #54 out of 200 or so, it was a bad play on my part and ended up all in with a pair of queens, ace kicker, versus a pair of jacks.
      Sadly, the turn was a jack and he pushed all in, I felt it wasn't a good play by him and called - sadly, he did have the jack.

It's too bad, cos I went from #13 to getting knocked out - but oh well, it was a fun time!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well hi there Jake and welcome to our community!

It seems you've got right into it then and having fun already! :)

Congratulations getting the free bankroll money, I hope you read our article on bankroll management:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/mtt/1529/1/

as well as the other great materials we have to get you winning!

If you need any further help, just ask and we'll try our best for you ok?

Very best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Hey, thanks for the warm welcome.

I've read all the articles I currently can - the tournament I entered was a $0.50 one.

I don't really have the money for a poker tracking software right now, and I've only managed to find one free one so far - which doesn't support William Hill poker.

I wouldn't mind that much if I could find the hand history in William Hill - but it seems I can't. (I had a bad beat during the tournament and wanted to get it evaluated - found some form of hand history with the poker client open but it was very ugly.

I'll post it here but none of the hand converters support it. :/

GAME #4183266161: Holdem NL - 2012-06-30 14:36:01
      Tournament (671359911)
      Table $0.50 R/A
      Server poker18.ipoker.com

Seat 9: cobhsav (9,630.00 in chips)
      Seat 5: kate234 (8,500.00 in chips)
      Seat 4: RedtoothCov (4,340.00 in chips)
      Seat 8: kremenyan (7,880.00 in chips)
      Seat 3: dyjthmhgjmvgh (4,250.00 in chips)
      Seat 1: Piter2291 (6,600.00 in chips)
      Seat 6: bigmanever (12,275.00 in chips)
      Seat 2: mryogen314 (6,095.00 in chips)
      Seat 10: Jaiimc (12,162.50 in chips)

cobhsav: SB 80.00
      Jaiimc: BB 160.00
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to Jaiimc [HQ HK]
      Piter2291: Fold
      mryogen314: Fold
      dyjthmhgjmvgh: Fold
      RedtoothCov: Fold
      kate234: Call 160.00
      bigmanever: Fold
      kremenyan: Fold
      cobhsav: Call 80.00
      Jaiimc: Raise To 320.00
      kate234: Call 160.00
      cobhsav: Fold
      *** FLOP *** [CK D8 HJ]
      Jaiimc: Bet 400.00
      kate234: Call 400.00
      *** TURN *** [CK D8 HJ D5]
      Jaiimc: Bet 1,200.00
      kate234: Call 1,200.00
      *** RIVER *** [CK D8 HJ D5 H7]
      Jaiimc: Bet 4,000.00
      kate234: Allin 6,580.00
      Jaiimc: Call 2,580.00
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      kate234: shows [C7 CJ] (Two pair)
      Jaiimc: shows (mucked) [HQ HK] (Pair)
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot 17,160.00
      kate234: wins 17,160.00

That being said - I'm lucky I kept this as I can't even pull up the ingame hand history now I'm knocked off the table.

Edit:

Turns out I had to go to:
      Settings > System > Tick Store hand history locally.

That was simple enough, now I can post for evaluation in the future. :)
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      goodluck