Is there anyone knowledgeable who can help me out of this situation?

• audmondido
      audmondido
      Bronze
      Little recap:
      My husband and me play regularly poker and wanted to benefit from pokerstrategy points while playing on pokerstars.

1 The page describing how to proceed is this:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars-be/download/

He can't find the place to enter the code, ends up with no PS points

2 Before I register, I send a mail to PS support asking how to proceed to be sure it will work for me, mentionning that my husband installed already the software

The response from support is a link to this page:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars/download/

To which I have NO ACCESS from Belgium
      "This page is currently not available in your country
      You can read more here about location specific content filtering on PokerStrategy.com."

Support replies with the link to the main download page

3 I tell support that the only place for me to enter this marketing code is something called 'Reward code'

4 I get finally told, it had to be entered in the last item of a drop down list called 'choose source' (very clear if you ask me)

5 Never mind, I get a reply from support saying: 'Thank you for your message and we are sorry for the incovenience caused.

Your PokerStars username has been entered in the profile and you will start receiving StrategyPoints.

6 I think OK, this time I can safely put money and start play.

7 OF COURSE NOT, THAT WOULD BE WAYYYYY TOOO EASY; I still need to:
      'Please make sure you enable the Information sharing. You can do it by clicking on Requests and then on Information Sharing in the software menu.'

8. I contact support saying that thing is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND !!!

9 Support replies me:
      According to the bonus guide, you had to delete browser cookies prior to downloading the PokerStars software.

Seriously, are you kidding me ? Is this conversation printed somehwere above a coffee machine at PS with the 'hey look how I can make fun of these idiots' comment ?

I really hope this gets sorted out.
  • 6 replies
    • audmondido
      audmondido
      Bronze
      In the mean time I receive this reply from pokerstars and it looks like a big clusterfuck if you ask me:

'Unfortunately, your PokerStars account is not linked to PokerStrategy and therefore you are not eligible to receive any associated benefits with this site.

Please also note that we are unable to retroactively link your account to this site. In order to be tracked to PokerStrategy, you would have to have registered your account with PokerStars through one of the links or banners available on PokerStrategy's website.

Moreover, it is not possible to close your existing account and allow you to open a new one in order to be tracked to PokerStrategy.'

Thanks a lot, for putting idiots in place where there are supposed to be people helping you out
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi audmondido

can you confirm that you did not previously have an account on pokerstars before attempting to be tracked to pokerstrategy? in order to be tracked you must be creating a new account (and not a second account), and when you create it you have to put in the bonus code. the instructions are on the page that you have already mentioned - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars-be/download/ - and if you follow that you should be tracked.

if your husband has already created the account there is no way for you to become tracked - it is against the terms and conditions. given their reply, it sounds as though you had a pre-existing account. either that or you did not enter the code when you signed up and therefore there is unfortunately no way for you to be tracked. the only thing i can suggest is that you consider playing tracked through another poker room (here) and follow the bonus instructions clearly.

regards,
      Lewis.
    • audmondido
      audmondido
      Bronze
      I'm not really sure of your question, I can only say this:
      - my husband opened 1 account with pokerstars- NOT tracked
      - I opened 1 account with pokerstars- NOT tracked

the thing is, the explanations on :
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars-be/download/
      and
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars/download/ are different,
      as on the latter it IS explained in details where to enter the code, while not on the page I can access

As he had no idea where to put that code and ended up without follow up, I contacted support beforehand explaining the situation. Ended up like this.

Now to reply on your suggestion:
      you probably know we (belgians) are not allowed to play in any poker room, I had an account with Everest - tracked but we are not allowed to play with Everest in Belgium, probably as you differentiate on the donwload page according to IP address.
      So, do you have suggestions on which poker rooms we, belgians, can play ?
      How I can transfer the cash as it becomes basically useless for any tracking
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi there audmondido.

Whilst I understand your frustrations here I will ask you to please watch your tone. It appears there was some misinformation given to you and I'd like to apologize about that.

At this point, your account has been created without linking it to PokerStrategy.com and this cannot be undone. PokerStars (as they said above) do not allow retracking of accounts to any one.

I will take a look and see what Poker Rooms are available to you as a Belgian citizen and get back to you on my return from work.

EDIT: Back and it only seems that PokerStars is the only room we affiliate with that allows Belgian players at the moment :(

Best regards,
      Gary
    • audmondido
      audmondido
      Bronze
      I know, sorry, was pissed cos I know where it leads....

You should update urgently that page of yours before others get trapped, I'll delete my profile at pokerstrategy, it has suddenly become totally worthless.

Bye

ps: how to delete the account ? doesn't seem to be mentionned either...
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi again,

If you want to delete your account you can request this from our customer support. However, I think this is a knee-jerk reaction which you may regret in the future.

At this moment PokerStars is the only tracked available room for Belgians. What's not to say that this may change in a few weeks/months down the line?

At the end of the day the choice is yours though ;)

Best of luck,
      Gary