my HU SNG graph- story of tilt, gambling (and ....)

• 7 replies
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      nice starting process,
      can you tell me which program you ve used for graphing your sngs ?

would be nice if some one other could also tell me which programs should be used for tracking my sng results... I'm using the trial version of tourney manager
      but I wanted to know if there is some free program which I haven't heard of

edit: just found out that your graph is featured by sharkscope..
      anyways I'm looking for a free alternative choice for trny manager
    • ivanasrb1
      ivanasrb1
      Bronze
      Hello, just to give you an update on my HU SNG career- after running hot I couldnt stand some loses, so started gambling on tilt and made -320$ in 5 games or so :D . I received some 20$ rakeback and started building it up again- made 400$+ in just a week. Hope tilt wont destroy me when downswing come :D :heart: .

So here it is:

Used sharkscope graph, btw.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      That's not tilt that is just god awful BRM. Tilting is playing badly, playing badly at a limit you shouldn't be at is just plain dumb. Especially when you seem to be a winning player.
    • superkuhl
      superkuhl
      Bronze
      I agree you probably are playing the 24 dollars, by that bankroll you should play the 5 or the 6 turbo. Recommended Bankroll Management says you should advance to the next level with 50 buyins.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ivanasrb1
      Hello, just to give you an update on my HU SNG career- after running hot I couldnt stand some loses, so started gambling on tilt and made -320$ in 5 games or so :D . I received some 20$ rakeback and started building it up again- made 400$+ in just a week. Hope tilt wont destroy me when downswing come :D :heart: .
      Used sharkscope graph, btw.
      those downswings are part of sng but the up swings looks like you could win a lot playing them

just keep to good Bankroll management and those downswings wont hurt very much , if you want to spin-up , set up a account on another site like Stars/party or Tian and keep to the BRM on main site
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      hey ivanasrb1

Originally posted by ManniXXX
      That's not tilt that is just god awful BRM. Tilting is playing badly, playing badly at a limit you shouldn't be at is just plain dumb. Especially when you seem to be a winning player.
      This is definitely a form of tilt. I completely understand and when I started poker I did this a couple of times. You start to lose a bit of money (which is unavoidable playing poker over the long term) and think that since you were a wining player, then you'll be able to make your money back faster if you move up a couple of limits. After loosing my 1000$ BR (that I had worked a month to get) in a couple of days, I can definitely say that this IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA if you're interested in making any kind of money over the long term. Try to learn from my mistake instead of repeating it yourself... now that I've been taking poker more seriously and sticking to BRM, I'm back up to 2k from 50$ in 2 months.

Poker can be very profitable, BRM is the singe most important rule that will keep you out of the red in the longterm.

Best of luck with your HU in the future!
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey ivanasrb1,

Bankroll management is the most important part of a poker players approach to a game. How many buyins do you have of a specific limit when you play? I can see by looking at the steepness of some of the lines in your graph, that even after your loss, you still aren't strict with BRM.

If you stuck to BRM that huge $300 loss would still be in your account, and you would be on your way to a very healthy BR.

best regards,
      Stiev