CO: $10.00
      BTN: $44.69
      SB: $40.30
      Hero (BB): $26.24
      UTG: $76.70
      UTG+1: $7.15
      MP1: $37.64

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :diamond: K :heart:
      UTG raises to $1, 6 folds, Hero raises to $3.25, UTG raises to $11, Hero raises to $26.24, UTG calls $15.24

Flop: ($52.58) 4 :club: T :heart: 3 :heart: (2 players)

Turn: ($52.58) Q :heart: (2 players)

River: ($52.58) 6 :heart: (2 players)

• 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Why do you 3bet in first place vs UTG here, I can't really see how we can do it for value without having even good information on the guy.

Of course we could say that his VPIP is super loose and he is capable of calling loose our 3bet but would he also 4bet loose, doubt so.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Why do you 3bet in first place vs UTG here
      Best Regards.
      Because there is way to much value 3bet this player because is going to call with so much dominated hands and also pay us pretty easy. Also since I saw that he was pretty unbluffable I cant take any stabbs on him which puts me into fit or fold mode which I dont like if I know that there is value in 3betting. I simply dont like to call without being able to attack on certain boards(hate playing fit or fold).Maybe in my mind is always 2 clauses why I call:
      -a fish is given a chance to join the play for a more reasonable price
      -a have a plan how and when I m going to fight back
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Why do you 3bet in first place vs UTG here
      Best Regards.
      Because there is way to much value 3bet this player because is going to call with so much dominated hands and also pay us pretty easy. Also since I saw that he was pretty unbluffable I cant take any stabbs on him which puts me into fit or fold mode which I dont like if I know that there is value in 3betting. I simply dont like to call without being able to attack on certain boards(hate playing fit or fold).Maybe in my mind is always 2 clauses why I call:
      -a fish is given a chance to join the play for a more reasonable price
      -a have a plan how and when I m going to fight back
      3betting as I mentioned with 2nd part of the sentence is still fine but I don't see myself going broke vs UTG range even if he is a fish. He has to be really bad to shove with worse which I doubt you have on him.