Small Fish wants to become a Shark

• igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      Hey my friends and sometimes opponents on the poker tables :)

My main goal to create this blog is to keep myself motivated and hopefully even help some other people by my example.

I failed in this wonderful game about 3-4 times, because of tilt, nerves and so on. Ok, it really doesn't matter right now as my main goal is to focus what have i changed to succeed in this wonderful strategy game.

But first of all, what are my goals:
      1. Become a TAG
      2. +EV
      3. Take every deal serious
      4. Learn to Fold AA, AK, KK
      5. Follow Bankroll Management
      6. Double my starting 50 USD Bankroll till the end of summer
      7. GRADUATE THE BSS NL BEGGINER COURSE ! ! ! !

These are my short term goals, so i will be uploading my results every day.

Wish me luck and wish you all good pocket cards on the tables
  • 12 replies
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      So this is my first day in the new "season".

I made a 50 USD deposit on PartyPoker, as i feel myself comfortable in this room.

I prepared myself with the BSS Starting hand Charts, outs and odds chart, double checked that my ELEPHANT is running and started to play.

NL2, seems the best for me right now, as i can't afford any higher limits with my bankroll. but the Bankroll isn't the only thing that keeps me away from higher limits. I have to train myself on low-limits for sure.

So i started with 2 tables:

The start appeared to be good. I played 107 hand and won 149.5 BB-s, that equal to 2.99 USD. BB/100 hands was 139.72.

My second session was not very good but still i managed to add some cash to my bankroll:

130 hands, 45 BB, 0.9 USD won. BB/100 hands 34.62.

So i made a total profit of 3.89 USD in first 2 sessions.

I Think it's a good start, don't you?
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey man!!

Welcome to the blogs!
      I see we are both on a similar ship of becoming the sharks!! :) )

I wish you best of luck with this as i know how hard it may be.

If you would like to read a blog of fellow fish (myself) and maybe even find some info in the future - check me out at Poker Squared!

Sincerely

Yurao
    • yankomania
      yankomania
      Bronze
      Very nice starting winrate, wish U to keep it up ! :f_biggrin:

Will be following!

Best of luck at the tables,

yankomania :f_biggrin:
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      End of day 2 with 3 Sessions.

Hello my friends, as i promised i will try to post my results at the end of every day. So it seems like my poker day ends a bit early today, as i'm going to watch European Championship Final in Football with my pals, so when i get back home i will be drunk.

So i have a rule, that i don't play poker and drink any alcohol.

So i would like to write a small review of my activity on 7/1/2012.

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
      Hands Played: 917
      Total Win: 6.95 USD
      BB/100 Hands: 37.90

SUMMARY:

Hands Played: 1024
      Total Win: 9.94 USD
      BB/100 Hands: 48.54

I think i made about 20% of my short term goal in 2 days.
      And today i also posted Lesson 3 Homework, and posted 3 hands to hand evaluation forum.

Seems like nice day for me :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: (yeah, still a small lovely fish)

What about you?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      seems solid :f_biggrin:

be careful with money oriented goals though because they are EVIL :f_eek:
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      seems solid :f_biggrin:

be careful with money oriented goals though because they are EVIL :f_eek:
      Yeah Sure.
      This small goal will help me reach the NL4 :) So i can call this Goal , rising till NL4 , or double my starting capital :)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

Sorry I'm late to arrive, but this looks plenty interesting! Will be following for sure!

Regards,
      Richard
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      Unfortunately i had a very bad day and i lost about 15 USD from my 13 won. After that i still managed to recover 4 USD and now my bankroll is down to 52.1 USD.

Yeah, i don't think anyone can play only for + , so it's a lesson that must be taught.

And i still have some problems with my postflop play and i'm not even satisfied with my preflop play. Elephant shows me that my flop opening range is 18% and that;s not so good. Mostly it's because of my BB calls , but still.

I have to become more tough as my VP$Ip is about 14% , that's right between tight and loose.

I need to improve.

Right now i'm playing PKRSTRGY daily freeroll and hoping to get some small amount of cash, as i'm not really good at MTTs. Maybe because i didn't read much about it and the strategy, but still i am even a bigger fish in MTT then in Cash games.

Last time i played freeroll i managed to earn 0.14$ , hope to improve this time. :)

I would really like to thank everyone who's following my small blog and supporting me with some advices and especially great thanks to Veriz, my coach and my poker hand evaluator.

Thank you guys for being so great!

I will try to do my best and make ourselves proud !
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      This time i managed to win 0.16 USD.

On the last hand i raised with AJs from the BB. 2 people called before me and i made a solid raise about 6BB. 2 of them followed and i was beat by 99, as the flop showed 976

:)
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      TIME FOR UPDATE

I had quite a lot misunderstandings and seems like lady "luck" was with me as well. I won some good hands, but later when reviewing my session i saw that i made some mistakes there. So thank you lady "luck".

So here now i would like to update my charts to start changing some playing style ASAP as i don't want to learn the wrong way.

GRAPH:

Preflop Analysis

Postflop Analysis

can anyone help me what to change?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      that's quite a lot of open limping. ?(

which kinds of hands do you limp? you should do fine folding nearly all of them instead.
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      that's quite a lot of open limping. ?(

which kinds of hands do you limp? you should do fine folding nearly all of them instead.
      Hey Tomaloc,

Thanks for mentioning it. I limp a lot on SB. I know, but that's the situation when all the players fold, or if i'm holding some 30% range on the SB.

Don't know if it's good or bad, but it seems like bad.

I also go to showdown quite a lot, mainly because check/folding my limped hand.