Back Bet - anyone having any joy?

• JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I have only just noticed this feature on 770, not sure how long it has been on but I think it is quite an interesting idea and could make playing the game more fun for those of us who aren't multi table profit grinding machines.

There is a few bad things about it though, the same bets do not come up all the time you only get 3 options and sometimes the bets disappear too fast for me to even see what they are if other players have made their actions quickly, and you can't place a bet when the action is on to you so there is no way to slow the action down, but nobody likes a slow poker game so I arent sure what can be done about that.

Another thing I don't really like is that there seem to be a lot off bets that are only 1.something x odds which if your playing on the micro tables is not really worthwhile betting for example who would bet 10c to win back 6c.

I suppose generally it would be a whole lot better if there was some kind of settings page in your "my account" that displayed every bet they offer and you could select your preferred ones so they are the only ones that ever show when your playing. This would actually help a bit regarding my first problem as with only having familiar bets you would need less time to place them really.

Sorry 770 if this feature does exist somewhere but I looked and could not find it.

Overall though I think it is a pretty fun addition to a enjoyable poker site and I will probably look into it in more detail tomorrow or next time I play as I only noticed it at the end of my session tonight and played just 20 odd hands to see what it was.
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi JimC6,

Glad to read the feedback, maybe you should forward it to Poker770 also. I don't play there personally but I did manage to find a link to their promotion page.

Chances are you've probably seen it already but I will link it to you nonetheless.

BackBet Poker770

All the best,
      Gary
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Hi Gary, I hadn't seen that link so thanks for posting it. I had only had a quick glance last night on the back bet tables as I noticed it after I had finished playing some tournaments so my brain was a bit too tired to really understand.

I will have a better look and try out a few of the bets tonight after the football.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      No worries at all :)

Good luck and hope you scoop plenty of $$$

Don't forget to post about your experiences, this does sound like fun :D

Happy grinding!
      Gary
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Not a very profitable experience for my first real go. Only played the micro so didn't lose too much. I won a few times betting on the "X or lower" bets. But got a bit distracted with the side bets and lost a buy in on the poker table.

Some positive spin though, once you do play it for a little while you do get used to the types of bets and there seemed to be more time to place them, maybe I just had a table of fast players last night.

The best bet for me is when you fold suited pocket cards pre the option to bet you would have flopped a flush at 106.5, maybe your not technically getting the right price for the maths of you flopping a flush but for 10c you can win $10.60 if you do (and you dont have to worry about the board pairing and somebody hitting a boat :P )

One downside I found is if you fold an open ended straight draw (because some player has shoved $3 to win a 15c pot) and then bet that you would hit the straight with BackBet, then someone would need to call or else you just get the stake back (equally disappointing for flush draws too)