This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 22 set limped pot

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.15
      MP3:
      $10.16
      CO:
      $13.72
      BU:
      $10.74
      SB (Hero):
      $10.59
      BB:
      $2.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2, 2.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 9, 7, 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, BB folds, CO calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.72) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.51, CO raises to $1.02, Hero calls $0.51.

River: ($2.76) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.60, Hero calls $3.60.

Final Pot: $9.96.

villan 82/18 af 4.0 cbet 100 ftcbet 100 11hands

PF: i think just calling is fine.
      Flop: i strat extracting value

Turn: still trying to get value and protection... i though about a raise there but a straight got there and i did not wanted to chase him out,i was expecting to get some more value on the river

River: the A is a perfect card... i see him betting out like that with two pair very often so i decide to just call becase still there is a straight and better possible sets.

What do you think about the line that i took?Do you agree with the call on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Flop & turn of course are fine but on the river I might even just leave the pot alone, he has enough of made straight and we just beat there pure bluffs. I doubt that he would even value-bet the river with 2pairs like that, would be really dumb of him.

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      He had AA,i didn't see that coming, anyway now that i look back at it i agree that's not that likely he will try to value bet that big there with two pair but i`m pretty sure some fish who are really agro on river would do that with any Ax for two pair.