40BB minimum buy-in for SSS on PartyPoker

• dragonara
      dragonara
      Bronze
      SSS bankroll management requires going to the table with 20BB, but PartyPoker (and other sites?) have a minimum 40BB buy in....this has to throw off the long term probability of success with SSS as pokerstrategy.com teaches in the 'basics'. How to I alter the SSS to take this into account????

Thank you
  • 5 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      You shouldn't play SSS with more than 20bb. So it is essentially not possible to play it on most sites (except shallow tables, but there you play against other shortstacks and it is not very proffitable).

This is why MSS was developed. Read articles about MSS in the SSS/MSS section. ;)
    • dragonara
      dragonara
      Bronze
      I was wrong before, it's actually 30BB minimum, not 40.

Yeah, I think MSS will be the way to go. Thanks!
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dragonara
      SSS bankroll management requires going to the table with 20BB, but PartyPoker (and other sites?) have a minimum 40BB buy in....this has to throw off the long term probability of success with SSS as pokerstrategy.com teaches in the 'basics'. How to I alter the SSS to take this into account????

Thank you
      isnt this why most rooms require 30-40BB buy in. becuase so many people complained about SSS
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Learn to play MSS. Very effective and perfect as buy in should be 40bbs, topping up if you go below 30bbs and standing up on over 50bbs (to be honest though it's quite an aggressive strategy, you'll find you often double up rather than just pushing the 50bb mark before standing up.
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      I'm an MSS fan,
      Most sites enable you to buyin 40BB.
      Zoom is 50BB so it's not ideal but there is now a MSS Zoom video to watch for Silver pokerstrategy members..woop woop..