Room tracking

• vaulsc
      vaulsc
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

First of all, i'm new to online poker and poker in general, but i've found Pokerstrategy.com to be useful, especially the basic articles and i'm learning fast.

After completing the quizz, the site recommended William Hill so I went with that for the first increment of $10 capital. However, after getting everything signed up I couldn't play the table because of an error message 'Sorry, we do not accept real money bets from your legal jurisdiction'.

After doing some research I found that although online betting is illegal in some countries, it isn't illegal in mine which is New Zealand. Initially I thought the problem might have been my decision to have the starting capital go under Australian Dollars, but after contacting william hill customer services they said this wouldn't be the issue. In fact, they said it everything was fine at my end and asked me to try re-installing the WH software. I did but it still didn't work so I e-mailed them a screenshot and they're in the process of getting back to me.

I've got time off at the moment though, so i'm keen to play poker. What I did in the meantime was sign up with 888 poker and make a $10 cash deposit. That's going fine so far, I got a $5 bonus and made a small profit on top of that from playing some hands. Generally I made some good decisions and some bad ones so far, got lucky on the bad ones but the important thing is that i'm learning from them.

Finally, I wanted to post this story in order to ask whether it is possible for me to have my 888 Poker tracked instead of or addition to the WH account so that I can continue to earn points on this site and unlock articles. I'm using the username Vaulsc across the board.

Cheers,

Vaul
  • 2 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      hi vaulsc

How strange about the William Hill thing i hope you get that sorted soon, haven't heard anyone have that problem before.

As for tracking, you can have as many of our partner poker rooms tracked as you like and generate Strategy Points from all of them. However it must be a new account and you have to use the PokerStrategy.com link and/or promo code when you download and sign up to each new site. If you didn't do this with 888 then unfortunately there isn't anything we can do :(

You can take a look at all out other partner rooms though and see if you fancy signing up with any of them you can find them by following this link

Enjoy your Sunday or whatever day it is in your crazy time zone :D
      Carl
    • vaulsc
      vaulsc
      Bronze
      Thanks, i'll wait for WH to get back to me and if it can't be resolved then I might try a third site and get tracked.