iscal

• iscal
      iscal
      Bronze
      Hi there , this is iscal speaking ...
      I play poker for more than 4 years , but never had the time to really deal with it . For the last month i like to multitable MSS NL2 ( 10 to 16 tables ) which needs a robotic style and that's what i like in MSS . I'd like to learn more stuff from you guys ...
  • 4 replies
    • iscal
      iscal
      Bronze
      Looks like i have to make my first homework ...

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      The dream that i had when my first child was born , it was to have a house in the Greek - specifically Epirus - countryside with plenty of time for my kids . I'd like to build a bankroll that can help me deal with my other hobby that is sports arbitrage , and make my dream come true . Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? The first weakness is that i don't always stick to the rules . Second , i don't always have the patience to wait for the correct timing . Third , i tilt very easily when i lose by a rag hand ( this thing makes wanna throw my laptop to the wall ) . Fourth , i have to see the showdown even if i think - or i'm sure - that i'm beaten . My fifth , and i believe that it's the last one , is that i have become a poker junkie , i play poker in times that i shouldnt .

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Play specific hands , in specific position and play them pretty agressive . Maximum exploiting of our position and our tight image .

PS . My apologies for my poor English . :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

I used to play also SSS when I started with PokerStrategy and then felt the same that it's too much robotic game, therefore decided to switch over to BSS and here I am. :) Also don't worry about your English, most of the English community members don't speak it as mother language, you can learn both.

Try always to follow the rules whatever are set up, try not to start spewing on the tables and always concentrate on what you doing. With time you will get used to it and whenever you feel you doing something else then remind yourself what you are doing on the tables.

Impatience is actually a huge leak for a lot of poker players. You have to find yourself a way how you gonna ignore it or make it disappear. Try every time remind yourself! Forcing into your life to be more patient in any activity you do, not only poker. Force! Force! Force! Always remind what you came to do and the patience will just help you earning more salary not the opposite. The more you practice, the more you will get used to it and even at some point realize that you even ignoring it.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

What do you mean by playing poker times when you shouldn't, you mean playing too much? Well, if it affects your real life then should definitely set up some limits and maybe even schedule your play.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • iscal
      iscal
      Bronze
      Dear Veriz , thank you very much for your time . First of all , do you think that i should leave the MSS and start the BSS strategy ? Second , if i can stick to one of my choice , i'd prefer MSS . In that case , what is the factor that i should aware ( don't know if that's the right term ) , i mean avg pot , plrs/flop and what should be the number for that ? Third , from where can i find my homeworks ? Are you gonna give them to me or do i have to find them in a forum post ? And finally how can i watch a live coaching from you ? Hope i'm not too annoying , and thank you in advance ... :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You are welcome! Glad to help ya out, in case you have any questions you know where to post. :)

First of all , do you think that i should leave the MSS and start the BSS strategy ?

It's a lot dependent what do you enjoy more, rather stick to what you like. At some point I guess you are going to switch over to BSS, I wont tell that for sure but with a lot MSS players has it happened. I also started with SSS and then switched over to BSS cause I just found the SSS too much robotic game. You can continue playing MSS to build up the BR and maybe some days try out also BSS. :)

Second , if i can stick to one of my choice , i'd prefer MSS . In that case , what is the factor that i should aware ( don't know if that's the right term ) , i mean avg pot , plrs/flop and what should be the number for that ?

The players per flop and avg pot depends a lot on which limits you play. My advice is not to base on that number but rather base on just which are the highest ones and pick them. :) On some sites you might not even find very loose tables, on some you do.

Third , from where can i find my homeworks ? Are you gonna give them to me or do i have to find them in a forum post ? And finally how can i watch a live coaching from you ? Hope i'm not too annoying , and thank you in advance ..

You are not annoying at all, at some point my answer might be just have a small delay but I will definitely respond. :) Here is the link for ya: link.

Best Regards.