[NL20-NL50] 3b bluff on flop deep

• Supremace
      Supremace
      Bronze
      Everest No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Everest Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($65.45)
      SB ($56.40)
      BB ($84.05)
      Hero (UTG) ($78)
      MP ($77.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, 6
      Hero bets $0.90, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.05) A, Q, 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.55, SB raises $4.70, Hero raises $13, SB raises $30.80, Hero folds

Total pot: $31.15

Results:
      SB didn't show

Villain is a capable reg 21/16 3b 6.8, af 3, wwsf 48 over 2.3k hands. A half an hour before this hand I 5b bluffed him and drew him out when he called with KK. So he knows I'm capable of making moves but still when he raises me on the fop the only value hand I feel he can have are pocket 2s so I think his range is mostly made of draws and pure bluffs he would 90% of the time 3b AQ vs me and I doubt any other Ax hand would ever raise here. So because I felt his range are mostly draws and bluffs I raised and made it big to discourage him fro chasing draws, then he raises me there and I really dont know what to think. Its not a very good spot for him to bluff me there since the board hits my range really good and he cant be 100% sure Ill fold AK there. What do you think My perceived range for 3b the flop is. Also I have a note on him that he doesn't have a clear concept of pot commitment so the fact he committed himself with a 4b might mean nothing. It's a clear fold to 4b of course but do you think my reasoning for 3b the flop is good and that there is value in such a play. and if he calls a 3b how to proceed.?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Supremace,

But you must also understand that it's hardly hitting your UTG range here or whatsoever MP range, so I doubt that he is raising such a flop with pure air. I'd just leave it alone. :) No point to try to overplay on such a board.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Supremace,

But you must also understand that it's hardly hitting your UTG range here or whatsoever MP range, so I doubt that he is raising such a flop with pure air. I'd just leave it alone. :) No point to try to overplay on such a board.

Best Regards.
      What hands do you give villain when he ch/raises the flop? I agree with supr that he reps superthinly
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Supremace,

Best Regards.
      What hands do you give villain when he ch/raises the flop? I agree with supr that he reps superthinly
      2pairs, sets etc, even QQ is possible in his range and of course some strong draws/combos.