[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #41 01.07.12

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from July 1st, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, July 8th at 1 PM GMT.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($34.37)
      BB ($49.65)
      CO ($8.66)
      BTN ($13.68)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 8:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.80) 2:spade: 5:heart: 6:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $2.10, Hero raises to $5.60, BB calls $3.50

TURN ($14) 2:spade: 5:heart: 6:spade: 8:club:

Hero bets $7, BB calls $7

RIVER ($28) 2:spade: 5:heart: 6:spade: 8:club: 9:spade:

Hero bets $20.37 (AI), BB folds

Hero shows 8:diamond: 8:spade:

Hero wins $26.60

I didn't 4bet because he should most likely fold becuase he was 3beting a lot, and he gives good odds, so I called even OOP and in case he has Ax and I hit set and he hits top pair, we are both deep and I could make some money.
  • 7 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      On flop I thing he will cbet very ligth, hes cbet is not low, nad in ębet pots until now is 100%. On this board c/r I think is fine for protection and value. He should not have stronger pair, because of 3bet sizing preflop, but if he raises again then we could start thinking about folding, because its too deep to stack off with such weak overpair.

If there would be one overcard, c/r I still think wou;ld be ok, because he should rarely have hit that overcard.

Turn I don't bet much because I still don't put him on strong range, so I want to get value from weak hands. Would be tough if he would go allin. 79 and 47 has hit, but I think this is rarely in his range, especially 79, unless he has FD. So if he goes allin, I can go as well, because I beat weaker sets and two pairs.

River ugly, in case he has 7, I am paying him, and also if he has not 7, not many hands would pay me as well, because flush and stagith is very posible. But actually don't know what would he put me on.

And on river he has 1/2 pot left. I could check river, he should not risk 14$ as bluff I guess and would want to go to cheap showdown even with set.

And if he pushes when I check, I should fold I think now.
    • nadichka
      nadichka
      Bronze
      Preflop: I will fold :D He 3bet a lot and when we hit our set it will be difficult to get value. But with these pot ods may be call is good.

Flop: Ch/r it's ok to get value from draws and protect our hand from over cards.
      Turn: OK
      River: May be I will bet around 1/3 and fold if he raise. He will call us with lowersets, and may be with over pairs. I'm not sure bet/fold or ch/call is better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: As long we are getting super good odds I don't mind the Call-down here at all, we are even getting set-mining odds and our hand can easily be ahead even.
      Flop: Check/Raising is fine but I don't understand what's the purpose of the raise at all. If you Check/Raise then at least raise it as protection not that you give him good odds to draw.

As played
      Turn: The same case here, we should be rather betting it bigger and protect our hand than so small and giving him correct implied odds even to Call for example with FD.

As played
      River: Check/Fold it cause nothing worse Calls you and you are rather turning your hand into bluff here than value-betting.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      I dint' think I need to protect a lot vs FD because it was 3bet pot. But on the other hand - such small 3bet could be with suited connectors.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I dint' think I need to protect a lot vs FD because it was 3bet pot. But on the other hand - such small 3bet could be with suited connectors.
      You most likely can't have many SCs but why wouldn't he have them? :D
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      You most likely can't have many SCs but why wouldn't he have them?

because its 3bet pot :D usually when analising hands in 3bet pots many say that we don't need to protect to much agianst flushdraws, but I got the point - here he is loose 3beter so there might be anything.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      You most likely can't have many SCs but why wouldn't he have them?

because its 3bet pot :D usually when analising hands in 3bet pots many say that we don't need to protect to much agianst flushdraws, but I got the point - here he is loose 3beter so there might be anything.
      And how can this apply here? :D Why would you exclude SCs from opponents range?