Grind Time...Big Al's back Grinding CG's and MTT's...Weekly Wrap

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      I'm Back

Hey All,

Long time no speaky, I have decided to start a new Blog. I thought if I came back I was just going to continue my old Blog Grinding for a Future but I decided I wanted to start a fresh since my goals are completely different to what they were previously. I'm not going to worry doing a big introduction if you want to know my background just have a view of my previous Blog (I mean its not all bad there is thread savers :D ) I will just write what I have been up to lately.

So I made my last update on the 21st of May. After I cashed out of Red Kings and I Cashed out some money to sign on for my Rugby League Team then I put the rest of my roll Party and played a couple of days of MTTs, I was unhappy and unmotivated to study or improve my game so I cashed out all but $250.

Around the same time I got down to my goal weight which I had been working on since the week before last Christmas, I lost around 40kgs and now sitting around 110 KGs which I think is a good weight for my position in my Rugby League Team. I mentioned that I was planning on signing up for my team the mighty West Arana Hills Panthers. I played my 4th game over the weekend, we are out of contention for finals this year so now we are just playing for pride in the jumper with 3 games left. 1 of my major goals for the rest of the year is to score a Try so I don’t have to do a nudie run at end of season footy trip (cause nobody wants to see that) :P .

So as far as other things are concerned I have basically been doing nothing which is a problem, my motivation to move on and try and find a job or study or anything has been terrible. I have basically been wakening around 11am going to Gym coming home and just been sitting around checking WSOP update and hanging around on rugby league forums, I wasn’t even reading Poker news and forums apart from WSOP for the first few weeks. On Tuesday and Thursdays I have had footy training, I have also been staying up late rekindling my love for Law and Order.

I have also been getting on the drink for the last few weekends, which has made the Sundays and Mondays suck which makes my week suck pretty bad with nutrition and motivation.

I have dabbled a bit in some NL4 on Party probably played about 100 hand over the last 2 weeks and made about a BI, I have only been 1 tabling.

So I think I need to Grind again just to get myself into a bit of a routine, so my plan is to play MTTs on Monday morning which is Sundays on the sites and play CGs on the other days. I'm going to start on either NL4 6max or FR haven’t decided yet and get my BR up to $280 so I can have 3 extra BIs for NL10, my stop loss will be 3BI for a session. I will be playing $1-2 MTTs.

I will post my full schedule after I work it out but on all days except Monday I will probably aim to wake up at 7am eat breakfast surf the web for a bit, then go to the gym, come home shower eat and then I will Study for about 3hrs studying both CGs MTTs and poker psychology including watching vid and reading strategy on PS and 2+2. after that I will grind and go to footy training on those days.

Starting BR-$254.25

July Goals!

• Wake up on time
      • Work hard at Gym and Footy Training
      • Eat Well
      • Post Positively in this Blog
      • Study and review hands
      • Play my A game
      • Start looking for a Job/Study
      • Keep Mental Game strong

I'm hoping this Blog will be al ot more fun then my last one, and I hope to Wright more than just how poker is going.

So until my next update, GL at the tables.

BigAl
  • 109 replies
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Well yesterday I didn’t quite get things going, since I posted my blog at midnight earlier I didn’t play my Monday MTTs. I woke up a little late then I wanted because winter is the worst, then I went to the gym for the best day of the week Chest Day. I was railing the 1 Drop pretty unfortunately my internet is slow so I can’t watch the live stream.

So after my daily procrastination I got most of my study in (all but 30 mins of psychology reading) I did.

1 Hr of reading HoH Vol1
      1 MTT Vid
      30 Mins of reading CG articles
      1 CG Vid

Today and the rest of the days I will be doing and 1hr of CGs and 30 mins of MTTs study. So I got my Study finished around 11pm after watching Monday Night Rugby League in the middle.

As for the nice surprise I alluded to in the title, I just remembered late last night about the Cashback I had not cashed in and since I probably wont play there again I decided to convert and cash it out, I had $205 at Silver VIP level which was good so I will add that to Party BR.

Hopefully I get to play some hands today, I have footy training tonight so it could be hard. I think I'm going to start with FR until I read a few articles just to get back into it.

Anyway this is getting pretty TL: DR so time to go to Gymit, its gonna be so cold outside but I will get over it...maybe.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome back Big Al!

Great to see you blogging again!

Looking forward to following.

Regards,
      Richard
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      @fruktpuff...thanks mate hope you enjoy it.

So who watched the One Drop yesterday? I really enjoyed the coverage and the whole tournament just had tremendous feel good around it. I wanted Helmuth to win because to draw the fish, but Antonio winning I feel is also good after his tremendous job during the ME event converge last year I am really a fan, and I really hope he joins the converge again this year.

The Big One wasn’t the only major event going on yesterday. Last night QLD (my state) won the 7th straight State of Origin Victory Vs New South Wales. It was such a griping game which will surely generate the highest ratings for any sport in Australia. 7 years of dominance and with next year 2 games will be played in QLD so I am fairly confident we will get 8.

So with all this going on I didn’t get to update here yesterday about play the day before. I got just over a 100 hands in over a few hours between NL2-10 it was so hard to find good tables, which is why so fewer hands. I think I'm going to have to start playing later at night , because I don’t really want to get up early in the morning because it is too cold.

I probably wont get a chance to play today because I only woke up around 11am today after a late 1 last night. I Defiantly think tomorrow will be my best chance to get some hands in because I only go to the gym Monday-Thursday because of my Rugby League games on Saturday.

Anyway as updates often do this 1 is getting long GL at the tables.

Edit: Also BR is $447.94 after puting that Ongame money on.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Had a pretty busy weekend playing footy and watching the footy, I also went and saw Ted last night. It was good but it was not as good as I thought it would be.

I was going to play MTTs tomorrow morning starting at 4am, but Wimbledon Men’s Final is on tonight and I am fairly keen to see the Fedexpress tie the record number of Wimbledon Grand Slams.

I am fairly sore after my game yesterday, we didn’t go to well we got a few injuries and had no subs for the 2nd half which meant I had to play the whole 35 mins (which was a tough task). Only 2 games left in the season its all about playing for pride now.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Played some hand this morning when I woke up, expected the tables to be better but they were still pretty bad. I played some hands at NL10 but then I ran out of good tables so I tried NL4 but I find NL4 worse than NL10 for tables. Eventuly I finished my session at NL2 didnt get many hands all togeher, just under 200. I am going to play some more after dinner since I have done my study for the day.

Anyway GL at the tables.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      I used to keep a physical diary with my old Blog but I cant really be bothered writeing so I think I might just do the daily checklist in my blog.

• Wake up 7am -
      • Play some hands before Gym -
      • Gym -
      • Study -
      • Post hands befor session -
      • Play a 2nd session -
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Errr so confused what to do, basicly I cant find good tables at any time on Party so I thought I would have a look and looks like it is nearly as bad as Party with only about 8 FR tables as oposed to ~5 with Players to Flop of 20% for NL10. I have tried looking at 7am and from 6pm GMT+10 but it is really hard to find games which are not reg filled or filled with SSs.

Anyway any advice would be good.

anyway dailly checklist just to show how this day went.

[list]
      [*]Wake up 7am - :rage:
      [*]Play some hands before Gym - :rage:
      [*]Gym -
      [*]Study -
      [*]Post hands -
      [*]Play some hands - :rage:
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Cashing out of Party moveing to Stars because there is more tables there. I left $50 on Party incase things go wrong and so my account dosent go inactive and I start loseing Party points since I have quite a few PPs.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

On Stars now have and haveing a few issues, mainly my HEM is not working I was going to cash out and buy HEM2, but you cant cash out without stoping FDB. So I am going to have to play HUDless for a while I'm not sure how profatble this will be.

Today I am playing my first MicroMillions Tournement the $3.30 6-Max, I would of played more over the weekend, but I had a masive Saturday frinking, free beer is good.

Anyway hopefully Stars gives me a warm welcome, GL at the tables.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Cashed close to Top 200, pretty happy with way I played just got preety card dead near the end and couldent find any spot, ended up shiping AJo after 2 limps and knew after 1st limper snap reshiped I was in trouble, he turened over AQ and well it ran out Khigh.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Well footy season is over its sad but in some ways it is good 1 thing I will miss is the comerade with the boys. It was nice to finish the season with a win which is something to build on for next year and we sent out a legend of our team who is retiring a winner. Anyway now that it is over and we won the game we had to party so we had some drinks Saturday night, and yesterday we has Silly Sunday from 10am free drinks all day we had to dress in Hawaiian.

After getting home at 830pm not that far gone mainly because I think Daiquiris are a bit light on the alcohol. So I decided to give myself ~8hrs sleep and play my Monday morning MTTs for the first time on Stars. It didn’t really go to well only 1 non ITM deep run.

So MicroMillions is over I finished up for series but I did not play many events only 5, it was pretty fun to experience such a great Tournament Series.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

I have strated reading The quick guide to skyrocketing your (poker) productivity by Schnitzelfisch in the Learning to win section of PS. With 2.1 I am writeing my weekly goals in here.

• Study on weekdays
      • Play after Breakfast until gym, and after Dinner
      • Complete driving lesson

I will review these next wednesday.

edit: Also silver now whch is preety nice.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi BigAl,

I just wanted to inform you that we've removed your skypename from your signature, since our forum policy to post personal contact details on publicly viewable boards.

If you wish to share your skype with someone, please do so using the community tool.

Regards,
      Richard
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Yesssssssssssss so happy that FT has finally been bought by stars, finaly gonna get my money.

Rejoice,

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      • Study on weekdays [x]
      • Play after Breakfast until gym, and after Dinner [x]x
      • Complete driving lesson [x] I had 2 + some other driving

[x] means complete

Hey All,

Time for an update I failed hard at applying stuff in the "The quick guide to skyrocketing your (poker) productivity" so I am reading something else instead for now and going to have another crack soon.

I have been playing Zoom for CG's now and still playing MTT's on Mondays. I haven’t gone that well in the MTT's yet with only 1 cash in a $.50 MTT. Zoom is still really fun I have a good method for marking Multi tablers, what I do is when I first start playing I sit out next BB as soon as I start and when I am sitting out I go over the past hands in the replayer and look through the lobby to find the MT's.

Decided I will wait till Sunday to make my goals for next week, since I do not really know what is going on this week, I will probably be doing a lot of driving. Hopefully I can still maintain my study habits and play a bit to.

Hopefully we will find out more information about the FTP deal in the next few days. Anyway I think I will have an early night tonight feeling fairly tired after like 5+ hrs of driving today + leg day at the gym. I might watch a little Olympics as well and congrats to GB on your first Gold (took your time), and go the Aussies.

BigAl
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Time for an update I was going update yesterday but I was fairly tired from the night before and I forgot all about it. Kind of good really because I had a fairly good day in MTT's but first I will talk about last week.

I did not have much time to study or play at night towards the end of last week because I was doing a lot of driving clocked up quite a few hours. On Saturday night I went out for and old friends 21st at a German Beer cafe in the city, it was fairly good but it was pretty expensive for my likening. I really wanted to head out after but my mate had is head in a fair few steins, so he was probably the 1st to leave, and I really didn’t know to many people there so I had a Kebab and slice of Pizza and went home.

So yesterday was recovery but today back to playing MTTs and I had a fairly nice day. I won a seat into $55 Red Spade open next weekend, but I unreged for T$'s. I also had a deep run in the $2 6k Gnt 6max coming around 50th.

So what are my plans for this week? Hopefully I can get a fair amount of driving in this week probable to the detriment of study and playing but it is a fair bit more important.

• Study on weekdays
        [F][][][][]
      • Drive every day
        [F][][][][][][]
      • Eat better this week
        [][][][][][][]

I wont be able to drive today as I am going to a protein tasting night tonight at the gym.

BigAl
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Well time for another update it has been a pretty unproductive week pokerwise, but I got through a lot of driveing and have completed my log booked 100 hours which you have to do here in QLD. The only problem that most of my hours have expired because they have to be in the last 3 year period, but my driveing instructor belives that I should be able to get an exemtion because I have done 25+ hours with a qulified driveing instructor. So I will see how that goes.

Went to the gym by myseslf this week so I could get driveing done in the early afternoon without much trafic, but I still had a fairly good week I was about 95% happy with my nutrition and I thought I trained well but wasent really happy I only lost 200g's this week. So after I finish this box of Milo Cerel I'm going back to eating strictly omlets for breakfast which worked for loseing all my weight.

As for Poker well as I said it was unproductive I allready posted in my last update on Monday about my MTT's. I how ever had my highest ever winning CG session in terms of $ not sure about BI's I might of done better at NL2 but cant rember anway so I had a ~$50 at ZNL10.

So next week I wont be doing any driveing during the day appart from Wednesday when I got a lesson, so I plan to get back into the full grind of playing every day and studying, which brings me to last week and this weeks goals.

• Study on weekdays
        [F][F][F][F][F]
      • Drive every day
        [F][x][x][x][x][F][F]
      • Eat better this week
        [x][x][x][x][x][F][F]

Bit of a hard week to keep goals, hopefully I can do better this week.

• Study on weekdays
        [F][F][F][X][]
      • Grind in morning before Gym/ and on Sunday Morning
        [X][F][F][F][][][]
      • Grind after Dinner unless driveing
        [][][F][X][][]
      • Drive 3 days this week
        [][X][XX][][][][]
      • Eat better this week
        [F][F][F][F][][][]
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Trying to work out how to take advantage of the Milestone promo on Stars...

Milestone Hands... Whats the Strategey?
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Well another week it wasent very productuve, I played some hands but yer it sort of just went by. I wont be playing MTT's tomoro because of the Milestone hand promotion.

Gym was fairly good this week but my nutrition was terible paticulry Thurday so I have to fix this to get down to my goal of 100KGs.

So thats pretty much it here are last weeks goals and next weeks goals.

• Study on weekdays
        [F][F][F][X][X]
      • Grind in morning before Gym/ and on Sunday Morning
        [X][F][F][F][X][X][F]
      • Grind after Dinner unless driveing
        [][][F][X][X]
      • Drive 3 days this week
        [][X][XX][][][][]
      • Eat better this week
        [F][F][F][F][X][F][F]

• Study on weekdays
        [F][X][X][X][X]