5pooky

• 5pooky
      5pooky
      Gold
      Hello, my name is Pavel 21 years old from Lithaunia. Sorry in advance for my english. Ive been playing poker now for 2 years almost, when i first discovered it through a friend, he was actually playing in facebook, once he showed me this game ill be honest i wasnt very interested in it, but after a while it kinda suck me in to it. Ive started to play in facebook sometime i did amazing job there, but every time after "amazing" job next day i lost everything. It was like, from 5k chips in 3-4h i made 9milions chips, and the next day my thought lets go for huge stake room like 100k 200k bb. And everytime i did it every time i went broke. I though always that the problem was in cards, that i was unlucky, and other reasons but not my fault because i played perfectly, but now i see it diferently. After some time i decided to watch a little poker how it goes in live, how pros play hands and other, first time i saw poker in television i think it was a big game in pokerstars.tv And when i saw youngsters like 20-25 years old, i was shocked. At that time i asked to my self " If he can be there, and play whith such a big amount of money, why i cant?" And than my journey begun, ive discovered pokerstrategy, 50$ quiz, but never actualy used pokerstrategy in my advantage, here are so many information that i dont even know where should i look. Never took it seriously, i mean never studied poker hardly, with a dedication, actually one of my dreams now are to become professional poker player, than why in the hell iam not starting to do somthing about it, if its my dream, this is the question i ask my self for long time now. I wanna change, and start do somthing about it. Life didnt gave me easy life, nice family, good friends nice surroundings by surroundings i mean people i was living with, most of them Alkaholics, thugs, narkomans and so on somehow i managed to stay away from it. Ok i think its enough about me. Hopefully some day with right learning process ill become pro player. T

Thank you in advance for every support ill get here.

Regards 5pooky
  • 4 replies
    • 5pooky
      5pooky
      Gold
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

Motivation i think same all along. Biggest motivation is to earn money for a life style i always dreamed off. When i think what could i do with money, oh boy. If i ever be pro player who makes LOTS of money in poker, ill help every single man/woman who helped when i was growing up. They had/have a tough time even right now i know they are struggling by struggling i mean financial struggle. Would help my older brother who chosen a dark path, he has an adorable kid, but life sometime is a B*** sorry for this word. I would help ppl who raised me, oh boy how many thing i could do, now i dont have this oportunity. And i know i wont have it with a regular day job, where a sallary isnt that good.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Oh my weaknesses i think is obvious for me, and dont really know how to deal with them. I usually play 3.50$ - 1.50$ StnG 9-6 handed. And 3.50$ HU, i found it profitable for me, but i cant stick to it. I want some adrenaline or i dont how u call it, want some action and after succesfull 1-3h of play, iam starting to change games, playing 25-50 short fast cap cash games. Usually i go broke there, but still iam coming back there. Othere weakness is my 3bet. If u could see my stats u would easily say iam a fish. Iam kinda calling station, but when i do have huge hand, still iam just calling and let them trap them self. C-bets i usually do it EVERY time i raise preflop, doesnt even matter what the board is, i just bet but when they raise i still call them, when i dont even have anything. Bluffing too much, i just get overwhelmed when a huge bluff works out for me, and i start bluffing more and more, and usually go broke. Also tilt problems, i have read articles about it, became easier to cope with it, but still cant always stop my self from doing stupidiest things.
      Update.
      There is one sample of my weakness.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $4.55
      BU:
      $5.15
      SB (Hero):
      $2.28
      BB:
      $1.93
      MP3:
      $2.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, J.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.04, BU calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.03, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) Q, 6, T (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.3) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13.

River: ($0.56) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BU raises to $0.64, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.88.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.19
      BB:
      $5.24
      CO (Hero):
      $1.94
      BU:
      $1.58

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 8.
      Hero raises to $0.05, BU raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.03.

Flop: ($0.19) 6, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.55) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.55) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.31, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.55.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Tight aggressive is what i wanna be. I play way to much hands and when i play them usually i play them really really bad not always but sometimes little improved now, but like 4 months ago, oh my god i was terrible, now iam not great but still better. So tight aggressive means that u dont play big amount of hands at the table, but when u do choose to play a hand which u are confident in, u play them aggressively bet/raise/reraise and fold if u mist everything.

Iam surprised right now. I thought ill write just a few lines and thats will be it. I feel great now! Will continue posting my homeworks, and hands if i figure it out how to do it.
      Looking forward for any comments, negative, good, bad, everything what will help to improve my game.

Sorry again for my English.
      Regards, 5pooky
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

First things first, don't worry about your English! Most of the English community members ain't speaking English as mother language, you can learn here both. I did also learn a lot from the internet. :) Good luck with it.

What can I say mate, after reading the story about how you got away from those things it's fantastic, I can only say that you are very strong minded. You will definitely also be very strong in poker, if you getting away from those things in life and know how to deal with it it's only going to be good for poker. Just only thumbs up for it!!! Never regret even that, even though you may have lost some friends. But think this way, are really those friends who you are just drinking alcohol and maybe going to parties? True friends ain't only together to party and drink or whatsoever. :) Lets get now to poker. :P

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • 5pooky
      5pooky
      Gold
      Lesson number 2.

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

Iam not sure if this hand chart is applied for 6 handed table. In 6 handed i there is no chance for me to get away from hands like AQo AJo, they pretty often are dominating. Ofc i adapt to a player and i play only 2-4 table per time and i can see who tight who lose, and with what hole cards they are going all in. In 10 handed or 9 handed if iam playing 2 tables, still in early i think i couldnt get away from AQ just for one raise, if there would be reraise, id fold, but not for 1 raise. My actions depends on players images, playing alot suited low conectors, some times K10s K9 if i face a raise i fold, but i would open with wider range of hands. Not sure if this make sense what i wrote, hopefully it does.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

I know in a long run its a bad play, even though i won here, it still was bad call i think, its just hard to fold for me when i have middle pair, and iam facing a pot size raise, i do this raises because every time in my mind "he is betting to much, he just putting dead money in to pot and trying to steal it.." That is something i need to work with

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.19
      BB:
      $5.24
      CO (Hero):
      $1.94
      BU:
      $1.58

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 8.
      Hero raises to $0.05, BU raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.03.

Flop: ($0.19) 6, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.55) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.55) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.31, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.55.

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

If iam right, i used pokerstrategy equalab and it shows AKo 46.32% Against 53.68%

never used before equalab, nice thing it is.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

There are different charts, either you are playing FR or you are playing SH which is 6max. Dependent on that you can use the charts, so I assume you are playing FR and therefore should be using FR chart.

Adjusting on player image is very good but we also should adjust according their stacks and maybe even our image on the table. Stats help you a lot in those situations to understand the opponents play.

Seems like you are trying to overplay in a lot of spots and maybe even trying to be the sheriff on the table. Which means trying to win too many pots where you maybe should even rather fold the hand. Even though there is dead money in the pot or however you call it there has to be a good reason to play those situations and play them aggressively. Try posting some hands to get a better understanding.

About posting the hands here I'd advice to post it into Hand Evaluation forums, Locker Room is rather for the theory. Here is the Hand Evaluation forum link.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.