Question regarding Buyin levels

• andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Silver
      Hi, I have tried looking for this information but I can't find anything specific to the question I'm asking.

I'm currently playing DYM tournaments at the lowest level. 50p buy in with 10p rake.

At what stage should I move up to the next level which is £1.00 buyin with 15p rake.

Is there a list anywhere which advises when I should move up levels & at which point I should I drop back down?

Best of luck at the tables, & thanks in advance for any advice.
  • 6 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, andiofwbafc!

10p rake is sick for just a 50p tournament! I would go straight to the 1+ 0.15 ones tbh. What is DYM tournament? I am sorry, but I couldn't figure it out. As for when to move up- it really depends. Tell me more about these DYM tournaments(how many players are involved, pay out structure, blind structure and speed of increasement) and we will further discuss it.

Thanks
    • fanegreu
      fanegreu
      Bronze
      I think he's referring to Double or Nothing tournaments (DON)

DYM, I assume stands for Double Your Money...
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Silver
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Hi, andiofwbafc!

10p rake is sick for just a 50p tournament! I would go straight to the 1+ 0.15 ones tbh. What is DYM tournament? I am sorry, but I couldn't figure it out. As for when to move up- it really depends. Tell me more about these DYM tournaments(how many players are involved, pay out structure, blind structure and speed of increasement) and we will further discuss it.

Thanks
      Thanks for your response.

They are 6 seater SNG Double Your Money tournaments. Top 3 players all get double their buyin.

Normal speed blinds, increase every 5 minutes.

I think I might do as you suggested & go straight to the £1 ones due to size of rake in the 50p ones.

At what stage in my bankroll should I move upto £2 DYM's?
    • fanegreu
      fanegreu
      Bronze
      Hi andiofwbafc,

Have you got the chance to read this?

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/1458/1/

It's a strategy article for DYM tournaments and it should give you some guidelines about bankroll managements as well.

The article says to move limits once you have at least 50 buy-ins for the next limit but the main idea is to play the limit you are feeling comfortable on and maybe take shots at the next limit you are crushing the current one.

My suggestion will be to play some £1 ones and if you are doing all right (wining at least 60% of them imo) you should try to play the £2 ones even if you don't have 50 Buy-ins. I myself would need something around 30 buy-ins to take some shots and go back to the £1 ones if I drop under 20 buy-ins.

But this is just me, you should do what's comfortable for you.

Good luck,
      Stefan
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot to fanegreu for the help and good advices. I agree, moving up the limits makes sense only when you feel like doing it. Don't push yourself too much. But if you think you have an edge, some decent sample behind to back it up, go ahead and move up. Don't waste too much time on the micros. I would go with 50 BIs and not take shots with 30BIs for the new level or so. Although it's DYM tournaments and you can still afford a smaller BI's wise bankroll. But I have a rather nitty BRM.

Good luck!
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Silver
      Thankyou both for your responses. Much appreciated & I will take the info on board :)