This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AKo

• kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello.

I am a HJ in Bulgarian community for MSS but I have never played that high with this strategy so I put the hand in here and then will copy/paste the answer because I don't feel eligible to judge the hand myself.

I hope there is no problem with this.

This is the hand.

Първоначално публикувано от Tonaja
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
      SB ($210)
      ($117)
      UTG ($177)
      UTG+1 ($71.25)
      Hero ($32)

Hero A:club: K:spade:

UTG+1 calls $1, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.50) 4:club: 5:spade: 9:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $7.87, UTG+1 calls $7.87

TURN ($26.24) 4:club: 5:spade: 9:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($26.24) 4:club: 5:spade: 9:spade: 9:diamond: 3:spade:

UTG+1 bets $58, Hero calls $19.63 (AI)

I raise preflop after the fish limped. Although the flop is draw heavy I decided to bet because he has a very large range. He has 64 VPIP.

On the turn I decided to check because I wanted to keep the pot small.

On the river he shoved and I called because I have seen him bluffing quite a lot before.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he calls a lot on the Flop and still has a lot of unpaired draws in his range, then I think semibluff shoving is better then checking back and hope he bluffs the right frequency

You are relying on people to make it a profitable play which is never gonig to be +EV.

I think the cBet on the Flop is also questionable as you play against a station and need to plan your whole hand out from Flop till the River. I would be most likely barreling as a Flop cBet versus this player is likely to be -EV as he is not folding enough

Best regards,
      Gerv