fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.20, fold, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 3:heart: 2:club: T:diamond:

MP1 bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

TURN ($1.17) 3:heart: 2:club: T:diamond: 6:diamond:

MP1 bets $1, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($3.17) 3:heart: 2:club: T:diamond: 6:diamond: Q:club:

MP1 bets $3.45 (AI), Hero folds

MP1 wins $3.04

Villain is 7/7 on 29 hands so not much info. Loose player behind me I want in the hand and I don't see much value in 3betting so I just call pre.

Turn bet sizing seems to indicate a strong hand maybe AA maybe 66. Shove river makes me htink I'm never ahead, or at least, not enough to call.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: 3bet for value. :) Why would you set-mine vs him?

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment as long you picked such a line but kinda put yourself into such a spot where you just hero-calling and turning your hand into bluff-catcher. I'd myself raise at some point to get value from weaker overpairs or whatsoever hands.

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      One of the blinds is a Whale. I don't want to 3bet and isolate the Nit reg and leave him out of the hand.

Whether 3betting a super-nit is actually more or less +ev than just calling is a point for a seperate discussion. It may be that I played too much zoom recently but it seems to me such a type of villain will not react in the correct way to my 3bet to make it a good move for max value.

Once the whale in the blinds folds and we are Heads-up on the flop you would raise his cbet for value? Seems a bit polarising on such a dry flop, I'm sure that move looks like a set or nothing to a lot of people.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: 3bet for value. :) Why would you set-mine vs him?

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment as long you picked such a line but kinda put yourself into such a spot where you just hero-calling and turning your hand into bluff-catcher. I'd myself raise at some point to get value from weaker overpairs or whatsoever hands.

Best Regards.
      Still the same answer. Why do people try to slowplay KK in NL5? :f_cry: Even on higher limits I would never-ever do that.

What are you 3betting then?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      "Even on higher limits"

Where are you going to find a 7/7 SH reg on higher limits?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      "Even on higher limits"

Where are you going to find a 7/7 SH reg on higher limits?
      You wont have such nits on even on lower limits and if you do then the sample is really small. Would 3bet for value.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      postflop is fine unless you think he isn't betting turn enough with JJ/QQ, in which case fold turn, or if people at nl5 barrel air/draw on these turns a lot, in which case calldown.

preflop i would think this way about QQ, but there's definite value with KK vs MP nit. and you don't get much value OOP vs fish by flatting. and if it's a whale, then 3bet and look for coldcall.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks.