This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR standard table KK

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($7.51)
      BB ($10.59)
      UTG ($6.90)
      UTG+1 ($4.72)
      UTG+2 ($7.08)
      MP1 ($5)
      CO ($3.40)
      Hero ($5)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.20, fold, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 3:heart: 2:club: T:diamond:

MP1 bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

TURN ($1.17) 3:heart: 2:club: T:diamond: 6:diamond:

MP1 bets $1, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($3.17) 3:heart: 2:club: T:diamond: 6:diamond: Q:club:

MP1 bets $3.45 (AI), Hero folds

MP1 wins $3.04

Villain is 7/7 on 29 hands so not much info. Loose player behind me I want in the hand and I don't see much value in 3betting so I just call pre.

Turn bet sizing seems to indicate a strong hand maybe AA maybe 66. Shove river makes me htink I'm never ahead, or at least, not enough to call.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: 3bet for value. :) Why would you set-mine vs him?

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment as long you picked such a line but kinda put yourself into such a spot where you just hero-calling and turning your hand into bluff-catcher. I'd myself raise at some point to get value from weaker overpairs or whatsoever hands.

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      One of the blinds is a Whale. I don't want to 3bet and isolate the Nit reg and leave him out of the hand.

Whether 3betting a super-nit is actually more or less +ev than just calling is a point for a seperate discussion. It may be that I played too much zoom recently but it seems to me such a type of villain will not react in the correct way to my 3bet to make it a good move for max value.

Once the whale in the blinds folds and we are Heads-up on the flop you would raise his cbet for value? Seems a bit polarising on such a dry flop, I'm sure that move looks like a set or nothing to a lot of people.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: 3bet for value. :) Why would you set-mine vs him?

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment as long you picked such a line but kinda put yourself into such a spot where you just hero-calling and turning your hand into bluff-catcher. I'd myself raise at some point to get value from weaker overpairs or whatsoever hands.

Best Regards.
      Still the same answer. Why do people try to slowplay KK in NL5? :f_cry: Even on higher limits I would never-ever do that.

What are you 3betting then?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      "Even on higher limits"

Where are you going to find a 7/7 SH reg on higher limits?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      "Even on higher limits"

Where are you going to find a 7/7 SH reg on higher limits?
      You wont have such nits on even on lower limits and if you do then the sample is really small. Would 3bet for value.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      postflop is fine unless you think he isn't betting turn enough with JJ/QQ, in which case fold turn, or if people at nl5 barrel air/draw on these turns a lot, in which case calldown.

preflop i would think this way about QQ, but there's definite value with KK vs MP nit. and you don't get much value OOP vs fish by flatting. and if it's a whale, then 3bet and look for coldcall.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks.