[NL20-NL50] Nl50sh A3s;

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Villain is 21/17 reg, over a small sample has a 20% donk bet.

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      hero (UTG) ($73.46) 147bb
      UTG+1 ($82.41) 165bb
      CO ($36.25) 73bb
      BTN ($83.55) 167bb
      SB ($16.64) 33bb
      BB ($50) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) hero is UTG 3:club: A:club:
      hero raises to $1.75, 4 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: 6:diamond: K:club: J:club: ($3.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $2.75, hero raises to $9, BB raises to $20, hero calls ??

I think this is a board I will cbet quite often from UTG here, so his donkbet doesnt make much sense, and he reps verry narrow range since I block Ax FD's. Thats why I decided to raise the donk bet. When he 3bets the flop I doubt he's bluffing here ever, but with those odds can I even think about folding?
  • 2 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      He is a reg and he also knows it hits your range pretty good so he'll have or 66,JJ or something like a combo draw. Don't see him bluffing with pure air.

I'd just call the flop actually. With his high donkbet% we could get it in profitably maybe, I'm not sure. If we decide to raise I think we have to go broke, he can still have worse draws?

But why do you raise so big? Not needed.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jachis,

Do you think he donks with Kx or Jx which are folding? I doubt so cause our UTG range also is hitting hardly here. So what is left? Either he has also some draw or has the nuts which brings me to the case rather to not gain the fold equity and just Call it.

What do you mean by those odds? We still need implied odds from him and if you are calling your hand exactly looks like a draw, doubt that you are ever calling with Kx hands. Rather ask yourself why do you raise in first place your draw and then even plan to fold it?

Best Regards.