Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $50
      BU:
      $18

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

I'm never really sure in such hands if i should just fold if i don't hit.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:club:
      2 folds, BU raises to $1,75, SB folds, Hero raises to $5,75, BU calls $4,00.

Flop: ($11,75) Q:diamond: , 4:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU raises $12,25 (All-In), Hero calls $12,25.

Decided to rather c/c then ship myself against his wide range.
      But would he bluff ship in this situation with such a passive tendency?

Final Pot: $36,25
  • 5 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I'd only ch/c vs aggro fishes. Here I'd play cbet/broke.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Doubt that we are making with CBetting any better hands to fold, even if we do CB then it means shove vs his stack. Although the question is if there is any point at all to do so?

I do agree that Check/Calling in those spots is better to let him bluff with weaker hands and total air, I'd do the same if I'd hit my TP or whatsoever have made hand. But the question is if we are capable of calling with AK - Ace high here? That would mainly depend how we see the guy.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      We just cbet to take the pot down. It's not bad a hand like TJ is folding... When we check the only thing that can happen is him hitting his pair.
      I'm sure the cbet is +++EV. He even can go broke with worse hands if he's that bad.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      We just cbet to take the pot down. It's not bad a hand like TJ is folding... When we check the only thing that can happen is him hitting his pair.
      I'm sure the cbet is +++EV. He even can go broke with worse hands if he's that bad.
      Who said CB is -EV? :D It can't be -EV vs such a guy, the only question is how to extract maximum value. Do you always try to argue if your evaluation ain't equal to mine? :D
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      I don't like to cbet because he woild fold only worse. Even if i hit i would rather check to let him catch up. Balancing is not necessary though.