Jaiimc

• Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Hey, I'm Jake or Jaii. It's pronounced Jay incase you're wondering.

I'm 18, from England - been playing poker for a while but not for real money until recently.

I recently got my starting capital on WH - played in a few SnG and cash games, as well as some tournaments, before busting my BR on double up. Currently waiting for the next $10 part of my $50 - will be a few more days but I hope to not suck out with it this time.

I know $10 isn't much to start with, but right now I've not really got the money to invest in to online poker - and judging by the way I managed to bust that $10 - it makes little sense for me to invest money without being at a skill level I feel comfortable playing for real cash.

My full introduction can be found here: Introduction! (It's fairly long!)

========
      Lesson 1 Homework

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

I've enjoyed poker a lot whilst playing for 'fake' money - feel like I've played some really good games and have potential to go a lot further with it, but then I've also had times when I've played a totally crap game - calling pocket 9s with a JQK flop for 60% my BI etc.

I don't come from a well off background, and have always seen poker as a fun way to make a few extra quid when I'm down - but having only just turned 18, I've only just began to experiment there.

(I played a fair amount of cash games before turning 18... It wasn't legitimate and looking back knew I shouldn't have done it - earned my way to a $300-400 BR before getting caught out by customer support.
      I was never able to take the cash out either, so there was always that element to it being 'fake' money again - although that's not what I referred to earlier.)

So, yeah, in a nutshell... I enjoy the game, I want to improve at it and hopefully make money from it in the long run - as well as meet some great people!

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

My main weakness is my inability to let go of a losing hand. I'll refer to the hand I spoke about earlier, I had 99 and raised on mid position - got reraised by someone at late position and everyone else folded. He only reraised to 2x my raise and I called. The board brings a JQK, he bets half my stack and I call. We check down. He shows QA - I show 99.

I seem to have this problem a lot - where I know I'm beat but there is always that tiny chance he has nothing and my 9s are good here. I know it's a massive leak in my game and really hope to improve it.

Another common leak of mine is playing aggressive out of position. If I see a decent hand like A high kicker, not AK, K high kicker, I tend to raise even if I'm in early/mid position - when realistically I should limp and see others plays.

I also feel like I'm easy to put on tilt. If I get beat when I'm playing rockets or cowboys, and the other player reveals something stupid like J6 - I do feel myself tilt a bit, as I'm trying to improve as a poker player, and getting beaten by crap.

Lastly, my bet sizes are usually bad after the flop. I follow the bet sizes of preflop rather accurately, but tend to find my play after the flop very weak - even if I hit.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

I believe that tight play is being very selective about your hands - only playing those with very good odds, such as pockets and A high kicker. You think hard about your play and fold if you feel you're beat - rather than going to showdown just to prove a point.

To mix aggressive play in to this, you wait for good hands you feel comfortable with, say KK for example. You raise, if reraised, you reraise back (or call in very select positions.) If the flop was to come down with 2 Aces, you would check or bet low, if reraised - it may be a good idea to fold and whilst playing tight, this may be your move.

The reason it works is because you're only in on hands you feel comfortable with, and when in position you often earn a lot more money and save a lot more by folding in uncomfortable situations.

I'm sorry if this is incorrect, but this is what I understand it to be. I could be entirely wrong, but I'm here to learn so correct me if that's the case!
  • 14 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaiimc
      Another common leak of mine is playing aggressive out of position. If I see a decent hand like A high kicker, not AK, K high kicker, I tend to raise even if I'm in early/mid position - when realistically I should limp and see others plays.
      nah, you should just fold. :f_biggrin: limp/calling A9o or whatever oop is definitely not worth, you only have reverse implied odds if anything.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

You are young enough to start poker even seriously, especially with the help of PokerStrategy everything is possible. :)

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz, thanks for the welcome to the course!

I hope to become a decent (at least) poker player - but really do feel that if I improve in my weak places that I could at least be able to strike a few work days out of my life - as I really enjoy playing... Even the grinds.

I'm definitely going to be trying methods to stop tilting in the future, as I feel that's what busted the last of my BR with my starting capital. I hope to go further with it for now - or at least get comfortable so I can put a bit of my own money in (although if I do well with this free $50 - I may not need to. Sounds hopeful compared to a lot of peoples views here, but meh - if I study enough I might just do well.)

I have read the BSS article, and re-read to look for the tight aggressive section - and felt a little embarrassed when I saw it with it's large heading. Re-read and I feel I did explain it in some senses.

I do plan to start playing and post some hands in the future, but without any BR right now, it's hard to other than freerolls (I'm taking part in every PS freeroll on WH that I can, just for experience. Usually going out early too.)

Looking forward to learn.

PS. I am still playing poker, but it's for play money on a few sites like PKR and Puzzle Pirates. The reason I have no plans to post these for hand evaluation is because of the amount of stupid play involved in play money - it's rare you'd be able to judge.

==
      Lesson 2 Homework

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands should be played?)

There are a few ways I would play different according to the starting hand charts, depending on how many people and what kind of play it is.

If I felt I was in with a lot of weak players, I would definitely play a bit looser in button or later position if I felt I had a hand that may be able to have some survivability post-flop if a steal went wrong. An example of this would be JQ suited - often this is meant to be folded with but if I'm in good position with a few limpers I may try a raise to steal some blinds.

Another good example of differing from the chart is in a heads up position. Often if they call or raise with a weak raise, I will min raise to throw them off their hand - or possibly even steal their blind/raise provided I have a decent hand to back it up with.

Lastly, given AA, KK or QQ, it says raise/re-raise. Sometimes, I cannot stress enough that this is a situational play for me, I will call a raise and not reraise - then depending on the flop, I may slowroll it. Given the river, and board is good, I may bet small for value.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. ( Post your hand in the Hand evaluation forums and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)

I currently do not have any questions that weren't answered by the videos and articles I just watched - and once my next $10 of my free $50 comes through, I hope to do better and be able to post some hands up for evaluation.

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com Equilab.)

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% AKo
      UTG+1 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo
    • Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Question 0: Download and install the Equilab. (You can download the Equilab for free here: PokerStrategy.com Equilab.)

Done that for the previous homework.

Question 1: You are holding K:spade: Q:spade: . What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 3:diamond: 3:club: ? How does the equity change on this flop: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade: ? (Tip: you can use the Equilab to help you with this task.)

Here is KsQs vs 3d3c

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    50.78%  50.40%   0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  49.22%  48.84%   0.38% { 3d3c }

and here it is with the flop.

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 3d3c }

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand? (Remember that it is important to explain your reasons, simply posting "Fold" or "Call" isn't enough!)
      No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)
      Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24
      Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: J:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.
      Flop: ($0.25) 2:club: 6:diamond: 3:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.
      Turn: ($0.25) 5:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

Initially I saw this as a monster draw, as I have the flush and gutshot straight draw, but then realised that the 6 would put me off that straight draw and split pot.

With this in mind, I have 8 outs to hit my flush, and another 4 to tie the pot provided my opponent does not have a 7.

With all this in mind, I would call and see the river card - as there is a decent chance that I hit my flush.

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. (Post your hand in the hand evaluation forum and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)

I am continuing to read the postflop articles for both MSS/SSS and BSS. I had a few question previously but I feel they've been answered by the articles again. I also still have the issue of my bust BR - which I can't currently post hands due to - although I will try to get in to some hands to evaluate in this freeroll.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

If I felt I was in with a lot of weak players, I would definitely play a bit looser in button or later position if I felt I had a hand that may be able to have some survivability post-flop if a steal went wrong. An example of this would be JQ suited - often this is meant to be folded with but if I'm in good position with a few limpers I may try a raise to steal some blinds.

That's not called stealing from the blinds but it's called isolating which can be really powerful weapon if you are capable of using it correctly. Either making everyone fold preflop or either postflop while having the initiative. But you have to keep in mind that don't isolate very loose and crappy hands as A2o or whatsoever.

Another good example of differing from the chart is in a heads up position. Often if they call or raise with a weak raise, I will min raise to throw them off their hand - or possibly even steal their blind/raise provided I have a decent hand to back it up with.

Wouldn't advice to start playing even HU games, when the table starts to break down then rather leave it and open another one. :) HU is more advanced game and wouldn't advice it to play way too early. Especially cash games where you can lost a lot money while the variance can be huge there.

Lastly, given AA, KK or QQ, it says raise/re-raise. Sometimes, I cannot stress enough that this is a situational play for me, I will call a raise and not reraise - then depending on the flop, I may slowroll it. Given the river, and board is good, I may bet small for value.

Don't ever slowplay KK/AA in those situations! We want to extract value even if they fold then just let it be, you are making rather a mistake if you are trapping like that.

With QQ it could be different cause it's difficult to get all-in vs very nitty opponent cause he usually goes broke with strong range and at the best we are against AK and coinflip.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress, keep going!
    • Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Just had a fairly fun run in a freeroll, came #66 out of 838. Won me like $0.27... Not a huge deal.

After the freeroll, I went to a $0.10 + 0.02 rake SnG. Came second due to a VERY stupid person lucking out against me - but meh!

That puts my BR to a very small $0.32, but who cares. It's enough for 2 SnGs, 3 if I come second in one. :P

==
      Lesson 4 Homework

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop. (Post your hand in the Hand evaluation board, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread.)

A10 vs AJ (Freeroll)

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members. (Choose a hand from the Hand evaluation board and post your own evaluation in the thread. Post a link to the hand you have evaluated in your private thread. You can evaluate as many hands as you want, but try to choose hands not yet evaluated by other users.)

nl2 hero 25o

Question 3: You are on the flop with K:spade: Q:diamond: . The board cards are J:spade: , 9:club: , 8:heart: , and your opponent holds 7:club: 7:heart: . What is your equity in this spot?

Board: 8:heart: J:spade: 9:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }
    • Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      So, the usual $100 PS freeroll, registered and took part as usual... Went out on my first hand this time round though. To be fair, it was a fucking hilarious suckout, and think the guy should've been shot for making the call - or maybe myself for the reraise.

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      iPoker
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player4 (1,500) 75bb
      UTG+1 Player5 (1,500) 75bb
      MP1 Player6 (1,500) 75bb
      MP2 Jaiimc (1,500) 75bb
      MP3 Player9 (1,500) 75bb
      CO Player10 (1,500) 75bb
      BTN Player1 (1,500) 75bb
      SB Player2 (1,500) 75bb
      BB Player3 (1,500) 75bb

Blinds: 10/20

Pre-Flop: (30, 9 players) Jaiimc is MP2 Q: A:
      Player4 calls 20, 1 fold, Player6 raises to 40, Jaiimc raises to 80, 5 folds, Player4 calls 60, Player6 raises to 120, Jaiimc raises to 240, Player4 folds, Player6 calls 120

Flop: :7d: A: :8d: (590, 2 players)
      Player6 bets 1,260, Jaiimc calls 1,260

Turn: :6c: (3,110, 2 players)

River: T: (3,110, 2 players)

Final Pot: 3,110
      Player6 shows
      A: T:

Player6 wins 3,110 (net +1,610)

Player4 lost 80
      Jaiimc lost 1,500

==
      Lesson 5 Homework

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation where you have based your decisions on the stats of your opponents. (Post your hand in the Hand evaluation board, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread.)

AKs (Freeroll)

In this hand, my play was pretty much based on the fact I had AKo - but also the fact his stats said that he was a very aggressive preflop player and would usually fold to signs of aggression on the flop. I raised to avoid him chasing (possibly) the straight - but with his reraise I knew he'd either hit top pair like me, or was definitely chasing the straight. I called based on the fact that he could not possibly beat my kicker.

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members. (Choose a hand from the Hand evaluation board and post your own evaluation in the thread. Post a link to the hand you have evaluated in your private thread. You can evaluate as many hands as you want, but try to choose hands not yet evaluated by other users first.)

NL5 SH to cbet or not to cbet

Question 3: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (7-handed)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($8)
      MP2 ($9)
      CO ($10)
      Hero($10)
      SB ($10) (17/13/2.6/24/1212) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      BB ($10) (27/9/2.0/29/333) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) 3:diamond: , 3:heart: , T:diamond:( 3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.20) J:diamond:( 3 players)
      SB bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00, Hero...

What action would you take, and why?

Due to the weak flush, my highest diamond being 7 and the very easy possibility of a full house, even taking in to the account that they're fairly aggressive players - I would fold. This is due to them being so aggressive in both this hand and their overall stats.

Question 4: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (8-handed)

Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($8)
      MP ($10)
      MP2 ($9)
      MP3 ($6)
      Hero ($10)
      BU ($10) (25/21/3.8/26/1250) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:heart: , J:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU 3-bets to $1.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.30

Flop: ($2.75) 6:heart: , 9:spade: , T:club:( 2 players)
      Hero...

I would contibet. The board shows a possible straight draw, but I hold an overpair, and there's no flush draws. My contibet amount would probably be around 1/3 of the pot, possibly 1/2 to deter chasers.
    • Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Got my next $10, bought in with $1 on an NL2 table. Went up to around $2.5, all was going well until someone reraised me 3 hands in a row (when I raised.)

It came to the 4th hand, I had pocket 8s. I went very aggressive and lost about $1.5 to their JJ hand.

Still on the table at break even, like 2-3 BBs up.

Gonna edit this post with my lesson 6 homework soon - just needed to rant now before tilting.

Edit: Really trying not to tilt here...

$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player10 ($2.28) 114bb
      UTG+1 Player1 ($2.55) 128bb
      CO Player3 ($1) 50bb
      BTN Player5 ($1.83) 92bb
      SB Hero ($1.03) 52bb
      BB Player8 ($1.97) 99bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is SB A: K:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, Player8 raises to $0.18, Hero raises to $0.54, Player8 goes all-in $1.97, Hero calls $0.49

Flop: :8s: :8h: :7c: ($2.06, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: J: ($2.06, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: :2h: ($2.06, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $2.06
      Player8 shows
      Q: A:

Player8 wins $3.81 (net +$1.84)

Hero lost $1.03

I've almost bust my BR for the second time now, generated enough rake for next week but I'm pretty annoyed I managed to lose another $10. Some really bad beats, it was pretty rough on me - gonna try some 0.10 SnGs and see if I can rebuild from them.

==
      Lesson 6 Homework

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation where you have either a) freeplay, b) slowplay, or c) multi-way pot situation. (Post your hand in the Hand evaluation board, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread.)

NL2 SH KQo

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members. (Choose a hand from the Hand evaluation board and post your own evaluation in the thread. Post a link to the hand you have evaluated in your private thread. You can evaluate as many hands as you want, but try to choose hands not yet evaluated by other users first.)

AJ double barrell?

Question 3: Consider the following situation:
      $25 NL Hold'em (10 handed)

Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($25) rock
      UTG+2 ($25)
      MP1 ($25)
      MP2 ($25) LAG
      MP3 ($25) maniac
      CO ($25)
      Hero BU ($25)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($25) calling station

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , J:heart:
      5 folds, MP3 raises $1.00, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 1 fold, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.10) 3:heart: , J:club: , A:diamond:( 4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.10) Q:club:( 4 players)
      BB bets $2.05, 2 folds, Hero...?

So it's now a heads up situation with a fairly strong 2 pair, the opponent could quite easily have QA though, but I believe he would've bet the flop if he had QA - for this reason, I would min-reraise.

The reason I chose this is because it feels like he has a high pair, and with the straight draw - which I feel like he probably not have it due to the call preflop (Calling with TK would be stupid in his position) it's a good place to bluff a straight even with a high 2 pair.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #5 Done!

That's the sad thing about freerolls, sometimes you get really huge bad beats cause there are too many loose players around. But at least they help you boost up your bankroll and have a lot of bad players.

About Task #3
      It's a very close decision: does protection or pot control weigh heavier here? Do you want to protect against hands like 3x or A:dx and K:dx? Or do you want to control the pot size and try to induce a bluff on the river in case there is no T, no J and no additional ?

Raise/fold is out of question - with the given pot size and the good made hand you have, it can't even be considered.

In case you decide to go broke, you can't really be blamed either. It's not a sign of weakness that the rather tight small blind decides to bet into two people here, though. I would say a call is to be slightly favored, while the many outs against you are annoying. The big blind who calls rather loosely speaks in favor of a raise/broke again. Both options are finally considered equal, which shows - all things considered - how close and full of variance these spots really are.

About Task #4
      You've called pre-flop and then hit a good board. You basically have two choices now: either you assume that your opponent will go broke loosely or puts you on a bluff often and you thus check/raise - or you play check/call in the spirit of way ahead / way behind. The problem with the latter is that there are a lot of cards you don't want to see in the later course of the hand. All in all, it depends on your balancing as both lines make sense under certain circumstances.

A check/fold would be really pointless, of course. It's hard to say whether you should donk-bet here; donk/fold can be discarded as that would turn your hand into a pure bluff and your opponent would interpret this as weakness and start raising you out of flops with hands like AK/AQ/air. So, if you want to donk-bet, it has to be a donk/3-bet.

Good luck on tables and with the Course.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #6 Done!

Why do you play with just 50bbs? :) If you are following the BSS strategy then you should buy-in for 100bb and it's kinda strict rule even. You have few other leaks there as well but to analyze hands please post them into Hand Evaluation forum and we can do that. :)

About Question #3:
      Two lines can quickly be discarded here: fold and raise/fold; your hand is simply too strong for those alternatives.

It's hard to assess whether you should put in a raise here. When a rather passive player decides to bet into three players while being out of position, it does look strong. It's more likely an indication of a made hand than that of a draw.

A raise naturally protects, but you run the risk of isolating yourself against very strong range. Which weaker hands could your opponent possibly continue playing here?

The deciding factor finally comes in the size of the pot. This tiny pot simply isn't worth putting yourself into a tough spot where you could potentially end up risking your entire stack. A raise would be overplayed here and pot control takes the precedent over protection.

Best of Luck on the tables and with the Course.
    • Jaiimc
      Jaiimc
      Bronze
      Well - just to let you know Veriz, I've completely bust my starting capital.

I'll attempt to finish the course later, but currently my mindset is not in the poker mood.

I'm not even sure I'll be able to finish it due to the lack of my BR, but I do have 4k recorded hands so I guess I can find some to be evaluated for the rest of the course.

Thanks/Sorry!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jaiimc
      Well - just to let you know Veriz, I've completely bust my starting capital.

I'll attempt to finish the course later, but currently my mindset is not in the poker mood.

I'm not even sure I'll be able to finish it due to the lack of my BR, but I do have 4k recorded hands so I guess I can find some to be evaluated for the rest of the course.

Thanks/Sorry!
      Oh mate, that's sad. But there are 2nd starting capitols and so on. Try them. :) There is also some free money promotions, did you try them? Or what about trying to build up with some freerolls? We have enough of those guys who have tried it.

Sorry for that but you can still continue the course if you would like to.