Hero (BB): $4.29
      UTG: $4.48
      MP: $1.09
      CO: $4.45
      BTN: $4.00
      SB: $4.10

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with T:diamond: 9:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10) J:diamond: 4:diamond: A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, CO raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.58, CO calls $0.42

Turn: ($1.26) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

River: ($3.66) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.47 all in, CO calls $2.47

tried to play it fast, considering that many weaker hands would call and i didnt want to see another diamond. going broke in an unraised pot obviously sucks.. i got to the river and i really got stuck. thought i would check/call to keep bluffs in the range but then i guess it's mostly better to bet myself if im planning to call a bet. this was the worst card for me but i just didnt know what to do so i shipped it since i felt committed. was this alright?

should i have questioned... what is villain calling down with after the play on this flop? and then of those hands, what do i beat? because they would call down with a flush which probably beats mine, some 2pair in which case the A may well have improved them.. or some set where the A also improved them. so i should give up the river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Rather ask yourself what do you beat on the turn if he is calling you down 2 streets like that? :) Do you see him even having just Ax hands which Call like that?

Why would you be committed on the river when you have more than 1/2 of your stack left?

Best Regards.