Switched over to limit'em.

• jaeden23
      Hi, so a couple of days ago I switched over to limit hold'em, I've read the basic articles on limit a few times and the info is sinking in great, and my bankroll is starting to grow. However because I haven't remembered all the basics yet I'm still doing a few thing's I shouldn't but it's working out for me atm and I've won some nice pots, (this could be because I'm running better than average though maybe).

However the basic articles are supposed to be the optimal way to play, so my first question is, would it be more profitable for me to play exactly how the guides say to the letter, or should I carry on doing what I am doing?

The sort of thing I'm talking about is...

- playing 1,2 and 3 suited gap connectors, and playing any range of them all the way down to 2,6 2,5 2,4 2,3..even though it only says play connectors, gap connectors in my mind would play pretty much the same strength?

- if I have a big hand but I feel I'm beat I don't raise even though I should sometimes no matter what. Sometimes I just get that feeling I'm beat so is it ok to go with this feeling or bet/raise like I'm supposed to?

I have a few other thing's I deviate from which I can't remember but do as well, the reason for me asking is because I want to make sure I have solid fundamentals before I develop my own style.

Also, what size stakes should I start incorporating bronze labelled articles into my play, I'm currently playing 0.02/0.04 limit 9 players. I feel like the bronze articles would probably hurt my profitability at this limit though?

Thanks for any replies.
  • 3 replies
    • jaeden23
      Oh and btw, I used to play poker years ago and then stopped for a long time. I can remember signing up to something and getting a full version of a poker tracker for free. I don't have the funds to buy one atm so does anybody know of a deal like that for any poker tracking software.

I tried PT3 trial but a lot of the features are locked so I haven't bothered using it.
    • Tomaloc
      hands like T6s really suck. :f_biggrin:
      i'd stick to one-gappers at most, but you don't even need to play these at all either.

gap connectors are obv less likely to flop straights, but when they do it's also more disguised.
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Stick to the plan until you know it so well it is second nature.

Then -- and only then -- can you start to deviate from it strategically without risking developing bad habits.

If you had a license for a track before, perhaps it is still good.

Contact their customer support --- hey, it's worth a shot