Official "What the HELL?" TaF Thread

• Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      Hi, I am succesfully benefiting from using the TaF programme for quite some time now with the earnings of $225 but there is one thing that bothers me.

The fact that you have to be a friend with someone in order to send him a message.

Most of my referals are people I personally do not know. Add the fact that they are all new to this site and are prolly kinda confused by all it's features, hardly anyone adds me to friend list, therefore I am unable to send them a message.

I believe it would be very helful for the new, refered players if I could send them one as I will therefore be able to guide them, give them some basic tips about how to use the $50 starting capital and answer any questions they can possibly have.

I understand that there are reasons why one is not able to send message to anyone and so I suggest that one should be able to send messages to users who registered to pokerstrategy through his link and vice versa.

Tom
  • 15 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi tom,

thanks for the suggestion! will certainly forward it on monday when office resumes.
      thanks for referring to PokerStrategy.com!

smiles,
      wendy
    • Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      What are the chances of that being implemented any time soon? At least a rough case.

Thx.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey there obviously being able to send messages to anybody isnt a great idea because spam would be everywhere people joining and trying to take business from us too but i think you understand this.

Being able to send messages to people you have referred isnt a bad idea i guess but the thing is we like people to get involved with the forums and help our community grow.

We have an excellent team of moderators and community members who are around almost 24/7 and the forum is easy to navigate and find the beginners questions sections.

Your suggestions will be raised to the appropriate people but in my personal opinion the best way for beginners to learn is to get stuck in. learn by exploring the forums and grow as a person and player by getting to know the rest of our members and making friends here :)

Regards

Carl
    • Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      Well, okay, but it feels kinda weird when I see that someone who I referred playing almost everyday (as I see increase in their Strategy Points) and I can't even go and say "Hi, how you doing? What games are you playing?"
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I understand scarmaker,

How do you refer people if you don't mind me asking? (you dont have to go into too much details) i was just wondering if you have your own website for instance you could write a short instructional article there for your referred members, wouldn't take much time could seem more appealing to potential friends to refer bringing you more custom, and also gives the choice to the people you refer on adding you in the community tool.

Just an idea though so dont take me too seriously :D

Carl
    • Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      I got a youtube channel with poker vids with referal links in descriptions.
    • Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      Hello there, about half a year ago I made a thread in this forum regarding the TaF programme.

I did not like that as a referer I was able not able to contact (send messages) people who got on this site through my link unless they accepted my friend request (which they more often did not since they had no clue who I am). I wanted to give them a hand, some advice and basic ideas about what and how to play, so I suggested that referers should have the right of sending messages to their referals without being friends with them.

Not only this did not happen, it got much worse - there isn't now a single way of how can I get in tough with these players, so I gotta ask: what the hell?

Thank you
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      So you don't beleive that poker strategy members have the right to privacy and to decide for themselves who and who cannot send them messages? Maybbe they don't want to be spanned everytime you think of another way to make money from them. Also how is it that your friends (you know the ones you told in the 'tell a friend'program) don't know who you are?

Sorry if my questions are out of line. I just thought as this thread was THE 'official what the hell'thread TaF' thread i would ask What the Hell is that about
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Scarmaker,

I've merged both threads together for you.

I don't see this function being implemented though for the reasons Carl has mentioned above. I don't believe having this function would be of any benefit to the community.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Opuuo
      Opuuo
      Basic
      Thanks for giving in information...
    • NikolaB85
      NikolaB85
      Bronze
      I didn't waned to start new topic just for one question so i am going to ask here.

Can someone tell me the old TAF system...
      15 SP = 10$
      100 SP = 15$ After that i do not remember...

Best regards Nikola
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      5000 SP = $75 might be wrong though, not 100% sure :(
    • miholc
      miholc
      Bronze
      HollyMichelle's right.

Scroll down bellow to see table old vs new for overall comparison.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you miholc :)
    • NikolaB85
      NikolaB85
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot guys xD