Playing small pairs

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/weekly/773/

I do the quizzes from time to time to see if I am on par.

I'll never tell you the score I got today on this one. One thing is for sure: I am going from decent to worse to bad to awful in a couple of months.

I am going to scratch everything and my mental process will be no more advanced than "I think I have the best hand - therefore I bet" or "I don't think I have the best hand, therefore I fold".

Did you find this quizz easy?

/Johan = :f_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      15/20

I would argue about the answers of questions 2, 3 and 4 since I got these 'wrong' :) Often my decision depends on a lot on the read that I have on my villain, stats don't show this.

I find it quite impossible to make my decision based just on stats.
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Q3: raise vs unknwon is imo quite a spew and fold should be best default play. We have a really bad equity hand since its never going to be a really big favourite and even if he has a hand like 89 ,he still has 16 outs and that is the best case.In all other cases we are drawing to 2 outs and that is definatelly the most likely scenario when unknwon takes this line. + I think he will almost never fold here since the hands that called the flop are mostly some gutshot/overcard stuff hands and players that take this weak line usually dont fold these on the turn. So then we are on the river and lets say he donks again. We have absolutelly no idea and are in very though marginal spot.All of a sudden we will put 3bets in the pot with very weak hand. Also this is the hand that we would definatelly fold on the flop had he raised so why not fold it on the turn when the card is not super great for us as it gives even more outs to his bluffs and they are not the majority anyway.

Q4: I really dont like the reasoning why c/c is bad. On one hand it says that we should look at his WTSD and bet as he might call us very light(which indeed he will and is totally legit) but then it says we shouldnt bluff induce as draws without SDvalue would raise turn?!? with 1,3AF I seriously doubt he does such moves often and I think he plays draws passively very often.... so I would put same for b/f and c/c but I dont really think betting is better. One additional problem with thin valuebetting is that it opens itself for getting bluffraised which is indeed not very likely from such guy but is certainly going to happen.Especially since getting raised on such uber blank is really wierd. C/c looses some value vs 3x,Ahigh but does collect from possible bluffs and may even collect when he decides to valuebet 3x(which is not that impossible!).besides its a stable line(not being able to get bluffed). So I would give/c(2),b/f(2) and even b/c(1)