MP2 ($30) 100bb
      MP3 ($36.59) 122bb
      CO ($164.55) 549bb
      BTN ($68.95) 230bb
      SB ($18.82) 63bb
      BB ($42.21) 141bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.45, 9 players) Hero is MP1 2:diamond: 2:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 1 fold, MP3 calls $1.20, 4 folds

Flop: 7:club: 2:heart: 5:club: ($2.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.13, MP3 raises to $6, Hero raises to $12, MP3 goes all-in $35.39, Hero goes all-in $19.62

Turn: 10:diamond: ($66.09, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 2:club: ($66.09, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $66.09

Stats in 17k
      17/7/2.1/55/14/80
      58/69/22/2.4

I know this guy all to well. He is super nitty both preflop when raising (he raises only premium the rest he open limps) and postflop. What do you think, is it ok to go broke against this guy with bottom set?
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

What about his W$SD? :) It will tell us how he plays and how picky he is with it. If you had solid read then sure we are capable of folding, especially if the guy rarely raises with total air and draws. Nor I doubt a passive guy would raise such a flop with overpair.

If he has rather not the highest W$SD then I would end up getting it in.

Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      His W$SD is 54%. What does that tell us? I'm not familiar with this stat but I suppose it tells us he is missing lots of value bets and raises preffering to go to SD instead. Or he might run really great in the sample and always hit the nuts :D . I don't see the connection, please help ^^
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      His W$SD is 54%. What does that tell us? I'm not familiar with this stat but I suppose it tells us he is missing lots of value bets and raises preffering to go to SD instead. Or he might run really great in the sample and always hit the nuts :D . I don't see the connection, please help ^^
      It tells us that he will rarely go broke with draws and most likely not with overpairs unless they are KK/AA which were trapping. :D So yep, we are most likely here even against a better set + for the given hand sample and taken into account his small CB raise.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Well, any other day it would be a correct fold but not right after I deposited for a bonus =) ). I went in because as you can see I made quads on the river, no puny overset can stop me!

It's interesting that you mentioned such opponents with high W$SD are trapping with KK/AA and then going broke. How do you know that? Is this general? He had AA which I would completely dismiss from his range :f_biggrin: . I thought he's more likely to have some super combo flush draw than aces.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Well, any other day it would be a correct fold but not right after I deposited for a bonus =) ). I went in because as you can see I made quads on the river, no puny overset can stop me!

It's interesting that you mentioned such opponents with high W$SD are trapping with KK/AA and then going broke. How do you know that? Is this general? He had AA which I would completely dismiss from his range :f_biggrin: . I thought he's more likely to have some super combo flush draw than aces.
      Cause I see such bad players on my limits as well and still even see people on Hand Evaluation forums playing this way. :D Which obviously just doesn't make sense.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Do we bet/fold flop vs that oppo?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Read the whole chat and you will get the answer.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      I did read the whole chat but the only thing I get from this is that he'll only stack of better sets. But dunno if we should call his raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      I did read the whole chat but the only thing I get from this is that he'll only stack of better sets. But dunno if we should call his raise?
      As you would have read it fully then you would see that we can even include sometimes badly played KK/AA here sometimes and if assuming that to be true then we just 3betting and getting it in on the flop. Calling doesn't make sense, it wont change much for us on the further streets.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze

But can we rly put in all KK and AA combo's in his range? I assume not to...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

But can we rly put in all KK and AA combo's in his range? I assume not to...
      As I mentioned earlier that I am never excluding them here totally, especially vs such a player who has a pretty wide gap between the VPIP/PFR which could tell us that he could even be tricky.