This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKs stackoff PF

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $14.72
      SB:
      $20.21
      BB:
      $3.88
      MP3 (Hero):
      $11.58
      CO:
      $17.10

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, CO raises to $0.70, BU folds, SB raises to $2.10, BB folds, Hero raises to $11.58, CO calls $10.88, SB folds.

Flop: ($25.36) 5, 8, 5 (2 players)

Turn: ($25.36) 7 (2 players)

River: ($25.36) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $25.36.

MP 81/16 af 0.8 cbet 33 ftcbet 54 (12.9 3bet) 95 hands
      SB 22/16 af 4.5 cbet 78 ftcbet 50 (8.5 3bet) 6%sq (17)

Well PF strandard open - i know sometimes fish do min`3bet with the nuts but this one was min`3beting as standard 3bet size and he was doing it pretty often so i think i am ahead of his range...

-SB knows the fish is 3beting light and decides to sq to play against him or most likely just to collect the dead money in the pot ( i don't give him a strong range for a sq here,i think he had more than 6% at that point when the hand was played)

So i decide to shove... expecting SB to fold a lot and not minding playing AI vs the fish with AKs.

Do you think the PF push was ok?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

So I see you are just result oriented or what made you think that SB folds a lot? I would never-ever assume that, I'd just fold the hand preflop vs SB line. :)

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      he had 10% sq at that point if i remember correctly in @ 250hands
      i`m not result oriented... i pushed because i was 90% sure he`s folding. (i told you why... )

you prob saying that because i opened UTG and the regs range for sq must be super strong there... i would say not necessarily.

Fold/Push? i pushed was that big of a mistake? I think is high variance and +ev because fish is calling 99+,AJs+
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      he had 10% sq at that point if i remember correctly in @ 250hands
      i`m not result oriented... i pushed because i was 90% sure he`s folding. (i told you why... )

you prob saying that because i opened UTG and the regs range for sq must be super strong there... i would say not necessarily.

Fold/Push? i pushed was that big of a mistake? I think is high variance and +ev because fish is calling 99+,AJs+
      He isn't squeezing here but he is 4betting mate. :)
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      OMG that's true... :) i probably saw it as a sq because of MP rubish 3bet size
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      OMG that's true... :) i probably saw it as a sq because of MP rubish 3bet size
      Doubt that he is going to 4bet the fish loose. ;)
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Well in a scenario where the fish is 3betting standard 3x size,then SB comes in for a 4bet it's a way easier fold :) I saw this situation a bit differently than a standard one... you said no.

I understand and respect your opinion... i didn't try to force mine,just to make my self understood :) Thx for the review
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well in a scenario where the fish is 3betting standard 3x size,then SB comes in for a 4bet it's a way easier fold :) I saw this situation a bit differently than a standard one... you said no.

I understand and respect your opinion... i didn't try to force mine,just to make my self understood :) Thx for the review
      No problem at all, makes sense. :)