WPT.... What's it like?

• Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

I've just cashed out on 770 due to a number of issues but mainly the low number of turbo micro sngs/mtts.

I'm now looking for another site and it's been suggested I look at WPT. I'm hoping some WPT regs can answer these questions for me:

What's the first eposit bonus like for here (is it achieveable on say 14hrs x 4tables micro sng per week)?

Is there a 'quiet period' during the day when it's hard to get a number of sngs or mtts at the same time?

How many players do you get on micro MTTs?

What is there rake on micro MTTs and SnGs?

I prefer to play freezeout MTTs and hate sats. but will play the odd rebuy. Is 888 heavy on one type of MTT or does it have an even share?

Full appriciation to anyone who can spend the time to answer some or all or these questions.
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hey Deadbillis,

Unfortunately I've no experience of WPT but it is a part of the PartyPoker network so if you've played there it is exactly the same.

Let's hope some of our grinders can answer your questions!

Best regards,
      Gary
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Bronze
      You can find out more about FDB here. Info on rake is here.
      How long it will take to clear the bonus depends on how much you deposit. I believe you can calculate that for yourself with the use of above information.
      I play mostly SNGs on WPT, as I have a bonus to clear, but I'd say that there are usually 200-500 players on micro MTTs. I'm talking about tourneys, MTT SNGs are almost nonexistent, because the required amount of people is almost never reached.
      I haven't noticed a quiet period for SNGs, but I can hardly play more than two 11$ SNGs at a time, because it takes for them to fill up. But I play only Standards. Speed, Turbo and Double or nothing fill up much faster.
      Otherwise, as HollyMichelle said, WPT is EXACTLY the same as Party, except that one is green and the other is blue. :)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      What's the first eposit bonus like for here (is it achieveable on say 14hrs x 4tables micro sng per week)?

FDB is good, it comes back at 33% I think and they give you about 3 months so it's enough time

Is there a 'quiet period' during the day when it's hard to get a number of sngs or mtts at the same time?

Yes, I think from about 23:00 to 04:00 edt, I like to play 2 limits and sets of 9 but in this time I have to play 3 limits and kind of have to play 6 running cos I cant start a set quick enough

How many players do you get on micro MTTs?
      500 in a $2 seems typical, maybe 200 in a $10 in peak times

What is there rake on micro MTTs and SnGs?
      usually 10% but the $1 are about 16%, 10% in mtt there is overlay so often that about half the tournaments are effectively rake-free (very very hard to get more than about 5 games going at once unless you want to play a huge spread of limits though, and mix every type (rebuys, turbos and regulars)

There's good points and bad points, the software is ok but has some annoying little bits you'll find with time

overall i'm pretty happy here but when my FDB is finished I think I'll leave
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Thanks guys for your time and reviews :)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I should add that it's probably not suitable for grinding micro mtts if your roll is less than about $500 or even $1000 because virtually all the gaurantees below $3 are rebuys and the non guarantees are small and there aren't many