Bounty SnGs

• BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      I would like to ask, how is the was to play these SnGs different from regular ones. In these SnGs, half of the buy-in goes in the prizepool and the other half goes for bounties - whoever knocks somebody out of the SnG, gets his bounty.

In regular SnGs, I am supposed to sit and wait for my monsters until some of the players get out or until I get to Push or Fold phase. I am curious, if I should loosen up a little bit in the early phase to get the most value out of these. (Yeah, this is probably right opinion, because if this was not true, you should not ever play bounty SnGs as they have smaller prize pool so your RoI is smaller - if you can presume that you knock out two-three people on average, when playing tight)

Any feedback welcomed
  • 2 replies
    • Aiko85
      Aiko85
      Bronze
      the real probleme for tight players in those Knock out sng is that you don't really have fold equity. As everybody want to knock you out to get the bounty, they have a tendency to call you with weaker hand than usual (especially the big stacks).
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Nothing changes except for calling small all-ins. Which means Shortstack has 5BB late phase and you are last to act with J9s and a 18BB with the option of calling or folding. Now you need less equity vs his range to call the 4BBs because there is a $EV overlay to you chip-EV disadvantage.