NL Beginner course consisting of Elephant?

• Jaiimc
      Hello there,

I've been going through the course and got to lesson 4, where it introduces Elephant. I know alternatives - none of which are free but that's not a huge deal to me right now either way.

The main problem is that the course bases a fair bit of lesson 4 around Elephant - which afaik is now non-existent. Just thought that should possibly be addressed in a future update to the course.

• 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      There is a free one out there.
      I can't say if it is any good or not, though.

I tried it over a year ago before I bought Holdem Mgr -- it worked, but had problems. They may have solved them by now, who knows?

For your purposes though, why not try the HM and Poker tracker free trials?

I think that gives you 4 months total before they run out.
    • SvenBe
      He Jaiimc,

you are right, the elephant should not be part of the beginner course anymore. However we might not necessarily update the videos. The live coaching session with Bierbaer however will stay up to date.
      I'll update the articles in a jiffy.

To give you a bit more of a solution:
      You can use the free trials, of course. However your main focus as beginner should be your own game and not the perfect analysis of every of your oponents tendencies. Furthermore I recommend you the Sidekick - this allows you to keep track of the amount of hands you played, how many strategypoints you earned and collect some nice achievements. On top you will participate in several promos plus the Sidekick will be developed to include much more features in the future!