Canadian currency?

• Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      Does Betfred Accept CAD or must I use USD only? I need to know so I can figure out which currency I want to have the E-wallet I wish to use work. I'm trying to avoid the exchange fees that take a percentage of my ENTIRE bankroll. If it were a flat fee of a dollar or something that'd be different.

Really hoping you guys say yes and no fees! If I run on nothing but optimism at least I'll be happy!

Thanks a lot

G.
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Garet!

This link seems to suggest that the currencies accepted by Betfred are USD, GBP and EURO.

You can always contact Betfred themselves to confirm this of course :)

Betfred - Contact Us

Hope this helps my friend :)

Best of luck at the tables,
      Gary
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      Yeah contacting them now, I don't care if I play in CAD but I'd love to deposit in CAD and play in USD. So far, both sights I've played at have no problem with it (partypoker is actually giving me my cash in CAD and 888 will exchange it for less than PartyPoker will... assuming their somewhat impatient online chat were not being disingenuous.)

I'm going to go work and just hold my breath in the mean time.

Thanks a lot!

G.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No worries Garet, it's always a pleasure to help you out :)

Let me know the reply from support as it may be handy to know in the future for other members ;)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      *hmmm*

New email from betfred.
      *read read read*
      "Please be advised you can register using CAD, as your currency of choice. However, any transactions made will be the currency equivalent; depending on exchange fluctuation."
      :f_eek:
      SUCCESS!!!

:f_pleased:

Basically, there's no problem.

I'll quote the whole thing which is a chart including what I assume is the minimum quantities that need to be deposited.

Thank you for contacting Betfred Poker Support.
      Please find below the different methods of payments we accept, together with their respective currencies and limits:-
      Payment Type UK Sterling(£) Euro(€) US Dollar ($)
      Debit Card £5.00* €7.20 $10.00
      Credit Cards £5.00* €7.20 $10.00
      Neteller £5.50* €10.00 $10.00
      PayPal £5.00 €10.00* $10.00*
      Moneybookers £5.00* €10.00 $10.00
      Cheque/Bankers Draft £25.00 €125.00 $150.00
      Bank Transfer £85.00* €125.00 $150.00
      Bank Transfer System (BTS) $100.00*
      Betfred Shops £10.00

Please be advised you can register using CAD, as your currency of choice. However, any transactions made will be the currency equivalent; depending on exchange fluctuation.
      If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again at support@betfredpoker.com, or by Live Chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
      Kindest regards,
      Stephen

Thanks for the help err'body! At this point I think things are looking swell. If a few more poker rooms are okay with depositing in CAD and using it at exchange value, I'm just going to keep all of my currency in CAD and COMPLETELY avoid the need to exchange any money at any point in time. Heres to hoping :f_biggrin:

Garet
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      :D :D :D

Awesome news Garet! Happy to assist :)

Have a great weekend!
      Gary