This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Should I flip for 5K?

• BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Three days ago I sold a painting given to me by my Grandfather for $6988 at a Sydney auction house. The painting is a draft of one of Arthur Streeton's 'war works' - completed during WWII.

My grandfather gave it to me when I was 7 and I had always assumed it was just a generic/simple piece of art. Two months ago, a friend of mine (currently doing an Literary history degree) noticed it in my spare room and was amazed. He told me it was a work by a famous Australian artist and considering I never had much attraction to the piece I sold it.

Seven thousand dollars wealthier, I put 2K in the bank and have decided to flip the rest of the money. Five thousand is a lot of money for me (I attend uni and make ~10000 a year as a part-time barista) however I don't believe I will consider losing the flip as a loss. In my mind, I never really had the money to begin with.

The question is where and who can I flip with.

So far I am considering:

1) Push or Fold 500/1000 tables with ThrCnBeOnly1/other regs.

2) Stars PLO all-in preflop.

Or are there any players who would be happy to flip on just a 25/50 table. All-in first hand we get.
  • 93 replies