$34.69
      MP2:
      $24.82
      MP3 (Hero):
      $114.89
      CO:
      $25.18

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, T.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.87, CO folds, BU calls $0.87, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.09) 4, 9, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $4.60, Hero calls $3.10.

Turn: ($11.29) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8.70, Hero raises to $37.00, BU calls $16.65.

River: ($73.64) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $73.64.

vil: reg 21/15 af 3.2 raise cbet 22% (9hands) after 150 hands, 3bet BU 7%

my hand is virtually like AA plus I block TT, is this play spazzy or ok?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tolari,

Well, calling isn't going to be the best move either. With it you are letting him Check behind the turns unimproved and there are like tons of cards which we don't want to see. I would rather Bet/Fold the flop than play as you did.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I feel like bet/fold is a bit weak though cause this is a flop he can easily bluffraise.
      What about getting it in on the flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I feel like bet/fold is a bit weak though cause this is a flop he can easily bluffraise.
      What about getting it in on the flop?
      And what do you think his go-broke range is going to look like here? :P The only reasonable hand which goes broke is going to be like a combodraw + overcards or something similar so very strong range which will have decent equity against our hand. For example even K:dQ has such equity:

Board: 4:diamond: 9:diamond: T:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    61.41%  61.41%   0.00% { KdQd }
      UTG+1  38.59%  38.59%   0.00% { AsTc }
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      But it looks like we are super exploitable if we fold even AT here? Then we fold allmost our entire range, and we play vs an aggresive oppo.

What did he show up with tolari? If I look at his turnsize he reps very thinly cause he scares away a lot of hands with his sizing (at least he looks like he wants too) so it surprises me that he calls our shove. draw?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      But it looks like we are super exploitable if we fold even AT here? Then we fold allmost our entire range, and we play vs an aggresive oppo.

What did he show up with tolari? If I look at his turnsize he reps very thinly cause he scares away a lot of hands with his sizing (at least he looks like he wants too) so it surprises me that he calls our shove. draw?
      Exploitable in NL25??? Don't really understand why people always hiding behind this sentence. :D No, people don't really exploit on NL25, you might get more exploits on NL100+ but not on those stakes.
    • tolari
      tolari
      Black
      he had a set.

against aggresive vil I often check back flop and let them bluff on t and r, but on a flop that is drawless.

Maybe it's a way to go on this kind of boards too. Point is they also do this with JT or with 88 for some weird reason. Had such a hand a minute ago and few times in a past. (I mean on board e.g. T46 with TJ or 99)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by tolari
      he had a set.

against aggresive vil I often check back flop and let them bluff on t and r, but on a flop that is drawless.

Maybe it's a way to go on this kind of boards too. Point is they also do this with JT or with 88 for some weird reason. Had such a hand a minute ago and few times in a past. (I mean on board e.g. T46 with TJ or 99)
      Then rather just turn your hand into bluff-catcher on such dry boards than Bet it. You wont get 3 streets of value anyways but meanwhile from bluffs you could get it.