This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH50 - Raise with 2ndNuts

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $103,38
      CO:
      $87,05
      Hero:
      $49,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1,75, Hero calls $1,75, SB folds, BB calls $1,25.

Flop: ($5,50) 8:spade: , 8:club: , 2:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2,00, BB folds.

Turn: ($9,50) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($9,50) T:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $6, Hero raises to $13,50, CO calls $7,50.

When playing this hand i thought the board is dangerous and i want to get called from as much hands as possible. That's why i raise rather smallish.
      But the only hand that could call such a raise is a 8x or another FH which could also call for more.
      So would a raise of ~17-20 be better?

Final Pot: $36,50
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Why would you Check behind the turn? Protect your hand mate. :P We don't want to see some overcards hop on the board and then oh WTF I am going to do vs his Bet now.

As played I would most likely raise it bigger, if he calls you then he is willing to Call bigger raises as well. Not talking about shipping but bigger raise definitely, maybe even $20.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      I checked behind since his small cbet in a 3way pot with a fish made me suspicious.
      Sure, could just be a weak hand, but why would a tagish player cbet anyway with a loose player in the hand.

He was aggressive so far and i don't wanted to get c/r and rather induce a bluff from him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by chocular77
      I checked behind since his small cbet in a 3way pot with a fish made me suspicious.
      Sure, could just be a weak hand, but why would a tagish player cbet anyway with a loose player in the hand.

He was aggressive so far and i don't wanted to get c/r and rather induce a bluff from him.
      Why would you assume he is Check/Raising the turn? I would almost always Bet the turn no way I am Checking behind and giving him a free card just cause "I am scared of getting raised".