Stack
      BB:
      $103,38
      CO:
      $87,05
      Hero:
      $49,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1,75, Hero calls $1,75, SB folds, BB calls $1,25.

Flop: ($5,50) 8:spade: , 8:club: , 2:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2,00, BB folds.

Turn: ($9,50) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($9,50) T:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $6, Hero raises to $13,50, CO calls $7,50.

When playing this hand i thought the board is dangerous and i want to get called from as much hands as possible. That's why i raise rather smallish.
      But the only hand that could call such a raise is a 8x or another FH which could also call for more.
      So would a raise of ~17-20 be better?

Final Pot: $36,50
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Why would you Check behind the turn? Protect your hand mate. :P We don't want to see some overcards hop on the board and then oh WTF I am going to do vs his Bet now.

As played I would most likely raise it bigger, if he calls you then he is willing to Call bigger raises as well. Not talking about shipping but bigger raise definitely, maybe even $20.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      I checked behind since his small cbet in a 3way pot with a fish made me suspicious.
      Sure, could just be a weak hand, but why would a tagish player cbet anyway with a loose player in the hand.

He was aggressive so far and i don't wanted to get c/r and rather induce a bluff from him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by chocular77
      I checked behind since his small cbet in a 3way pot with a fish made me suspicious.
      Sure, could just be a weak hand, but why would a tagish player cbet anyway with a loose player in the hand.

He was aggressive so far and i don't wanted to get c/r and rather induce a bluff from him.
      Why would you assume he is Check/Raising the turn? I would almost always Bet the turn no way I am Checking behind and giving him a free card just cause "I am scared of getting raised".