[NL2-NL10] NL2(FR): A(Q) high good here?

• jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Dealer: Dealing cards.
      Dealer: UTG folds.
      Dealer: Demo2323 raises to $0.06.(Ad,Qd)
      Dealer: MP1 folds.
      Dealer: MP2 folds.
      Dealer: CO folds.
      Dealer calls $0.06.
      SB calls $0.06.
      BB folds.
      Dealer: Dealing Flop c4,h2,s6.
      SB checks.
      Dealer: Demo2323 checks.
      Dealer checks.
      Dealer: Dealing Turn d6.
      SB checks.
      Dealer: Demo2323 checks.
      Dealer checks.
      Dealer: Dealing River c6.
      SB bets $0.10.
      Dealer: Demo2323 folds.
      Dealer folds.
      Dealer: Winner is BB $0.29.

It was checked around until the river, and then the SB fires a half pot bet on the river. He snap called pre-flop to my raise in SB, he seemed quite a loose player.

In the end I put him on A,2 or a 6 and folded, but I didn't believe he had an overpair though because of his weakness on the flop and turn, he could have had A,K maybe.

I thought A,2 was the logical conclusion as he seemed scared of the 4 and 6, or he was just completely slowplaying his 6's.
      Then I thought about it and didn't think he would call the flop so fast with A,2 but maybe A,T or A,J which I had beat, I didn't bother calling him but thought maybe I could've had him beat after all and the bet on the river felt like he didn't have anything.

I just want to check what people think if my thought process and decision is ok or if it's totally dumb because I had no idea what the guy was holding, but that was my best guess.

Anyway thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Jaeden23,

According to the charts & strategy articles , we should cBet the Flop. It is way easier to play and easier to make profit.

Now we allow him to either bluff us or allow him to hit something on the Turn & River

Best regards,
      Gerv