[NL2-NL10] NL2 How do I protect myself against this?

• jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Dealer: Demo2323 posts Big Blind $0.02.
      Dealer: Dealing cards.
      Dealer: UTG folds.
      Dealer: UTG+1 folds.
      Dealer: MP1 folds.
      Dealer: MP2 folds.
      Dealer: MP3 folds.
      Dealer: CO raises to $0.06.(Qd,Td)
      Dealer folds.
      Dealer: SB folds.
      Dealer: Demo2323 calls $0.06.
      Dealer: Dealing Flop dA,cK,s2.
      Dealer: Demo2323 bets $0.08.
      Dealer: CO calls $0.08.
      Dealer: Dealing Turn d7.
      Dealer: Demo2323 bets $0.16.
      Dealer: CO calls $0.16.
      Dealer: Dealing River dK.
      Dealer: Demo2323 bets $0.32.
      Dealer: CO raises to $1.57.
      Dealer: Demo2323 goes All-in $1.56.
      Dealer: CO shows Flush.
      dT,dQ.
      Dealer: Demo2323 mucks (K,J)
      Dealer: CO wins with Flush.
      d7,dT,dQ,dK,dA $3.50.

How do I stop this happening to me all the time, I keep getting stacked by players who don't know what they are doing and get lucky.

I bet the flop to see where I was, he called but everybody always calls my bets on the flop so I bet the turn to see where I was, he called again and on the river comes a king, now I made trips and had been betting at least half the pot so I was confident no straight draw was chasing a straight, and there was no flush draw on the flop so I didn't even think about that.

I bet the river and he goes all-in, I was so sure he had an ace but then he flips over Q,T and has made a flush.

What the hell am I supposed to do against these players? Everytime I stack someone I get stacked like this at least 3 times and then I have to grind like hell just to break even again.

I really have no clue how to grow a bankroll at micro stakes because how are you supposed to beat 8 players at a table that don't understand or care what he they are doing?

Please help!

Thanks.
  • 5 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      what is this hand conversion? it really sucks to read and doesn't even show stack sizes :f_confused:

anyway first things first, fold preflop, your hand may be dominated and you will be out of position which really sucks. unless you know him better :f_biggrin:
      then flop and turn... you think he has an ace but you still donkbet lead into him twice? this time he rivered you but most of the time he will indeed have the ace, so what's the point?
      also we can't see the potsizes but his play doesn't look like it was THAT bad. your donkbet makes no sense, so he calls the flop and on the turn he's probably even getting the odds.

you grow a bankroll in micros by flopping good hands and betting big. second pair usually doesn't qualify
    • jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      what is this hand conversion? it really sucks to read and doesn't even show stack sizes :f_confused:

anyway first things first, fold preflop, your hand may be dominated and you will be out of position which really sucks. unless you know him better :f_biggrin:
      then flop and turn... you think he has an ace but you still donkbet lead into him twice? this time he rivered you but most of the time he will indeed have the ace, so what's the point?
      also we can't see the potsizes but his play doesn't look like it was THAT bad. your donkbet makes no sense, so he calls the flop and on the turn he's probably even getting the odds.

you grow a bankroll in micros by flopping good hands and betting big. second pair usually doesn't qualify
      He bluffs all the time, that's the reason I lead out twice to keep him honest, I was going to fold on the river but then hit trips, he shouldn't have even been in the hand, he paid 2:1 or 1:1 with a gutshot twice....

I concede I never should have been in that hand, he raised my blind like 10 times in a row, that's why I did what I did. I also play on william hill so the hand converter doesn't work :(
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      if he bluffs all the time then why not go into check/call mode to let him bluff his 76s hands or whatever?
      you say that you wanted to know where you were, so... you bet he calls, you bet he calls. what info did you get? "ha, he must have Ax, i'll just fold now"

i prefer to c/f flop myself, you don't need to win every pot or look up to the maniacs, specially on NL2. just wait for at least a reasonable top pair.

now about odds...
      we can't see the pot sizes by street but by feeling i'd say that his flop call is bad, but he may be getting enough on the turn call since he picked up a flushdraw to go with his gutter and is in position.
    • jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      if he bluffs all the time then why not go into check/call mode to let him bluff his 76s hands or whatever?
      you say that you wanted to know where you were, so... you bet he calls, you bet he calls. what info did you get? "ha, he must have Ax, i'll just fold now"

i prefer to c/f flop myself, you don't need to win every pot or look up to the maniacs, specially on NL2. just wait for at least a reasonable top pair.

now about odds...
      we can't see the pot sizes by street but by feeling i'd say that his flop call is bad, but he may be getting enough on the turn call since he picked up a flushdraw to go with his gutter and is in position.
      I bet first because only having a pair of K, if I checked he could bluff me off it, but i was pretty sure my K were good and didn't want to let him do that. Only when he called my turn bet was I pretty sure he had me beat, I had expected him to fold on the turn tbh, I wasn't just betting hoping he would fold.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

Can you convert your hands in a proper manner? I thought you had Q:dT at first so since it is so confusing, others will certainly misread your hand as well. I would like you to use Weaktight.com or some converter like that

Now about the hand, please restudy the MSS articles again. We do not call preflop, it is absolutely the Top #10 of beginners mistakes because you can easily overplay your hand as you did here

Best regards,
      Gerv