Optimal open PUSH Ranges in MTT

• PaPi92
      PaPi92
      Black
      Hello, I want to hear the opinion of some of the winning players in MTTs about the open push ranges in MTTs in limits between 11$-109$. Can Nash ranges be a good fulcrum in our game?I think many of the players call tighter than Nash, what do you think?
      How is the better way to calculate our stack?In M or in BB(when there are antes, we calculate with the formula: our stack/BB+2/3 from all antes)
      Is there a good tabulation, which we can use?
  • 3 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      For me sheets' spreadsheets by Eric 'sheets' Haber are a good indication of what is right or wrong (unfortunately it is only available at pokerxfactor afaik). They are based on Nash calculations as well as ICM calculations. You obviously have to adept to the exact situation - especially the exact bubble factors have a big influence. In the end it's a good indicator - not more and not less. You may find a similar (but not identical) spreadsheet in Kill Everyone.

Of course, many players, especially the less experienced ones, tend to play too tight. Obviously that shouldn't be a reason to do the same.

The best way to calculate your stack is the M factor by Dan Harrington since it is most commonly used and well known. The true BB would be good as well - but talking about BB's leads to misunderstandings quite often since there are different ways of calculating BB's/true BB's.

If you have further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • PaPi92
      PaPi92
      Black
      I am asking about the ranges, when we are not ITM and not near the bubble.When we play to chipEV.Can you give me instructions to make the sheme?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      You may find some charts in our strategy article "The Middle and Late Phases". The chart is also available for download.

As always you will have to adept to the different situations.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
      Asaban