NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($5.86)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($7.98)
      UTG+1 ($13.46)
      CO ($7.68)
      BTN ($13.35)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:club:

UTG raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, UTG calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.02) 7:spade: A:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $0.60, UTG folds

Hero shows J:heart: J:club:

Hero wins $0.98

So here villain is 42/22 guy 0/2 fold to 3bet. I have 77 hands.

On flop I cbet because I think he has a large number of PP's in his range but I'm really not sure about the other junk he could have in his range.

I imagine he gets in QQ+ AK preflop so I guess I'm just worried about Ax right?
      Do you think there is a large amount of Ax in his range that could unjustify my cbet?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Not a huge fan of CBetting such boards, doubt that you are making many Qx hands to fold, many better hands to fold and his UTG range is hardly hitting actually such a board. I'd rather even consider giving it up than just value-towning myself against his calling range there.

If you assume he gets it in with QQ+/AK can you even 3bet for value being OOP and vs UTG range here?

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      As crazy as it may sound, I bet because I felt a cbet was +ev in a vacuum (with atc basically). Yet I am never going to C/C or CK CK C/C etc. Against the hand-range I thought he had it seemed like a leak to give the pot up to him with this weak play.

I recognise this may seem unconventional as villain may be able to check down lower pairs but that just seems too weaktight to be particularly +ev and betting is better.

What do you think? If you were for some reason in this spot with ATC would you make a cbet to take it down?

oh - if he gets AK and QQ preflop and calls with a load of other hands we dominate doesn't that actually make a 3bet better because we arn't so often dominated postflop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      As crazy as it may sound, I bet because I felt a cbet was +ev in a vacuum (with atc basically). Yet I am never going to C/C or CK CK C/C etc. Against the hand-range I thought he had it seemed like a leak to give the pot up to him with this weak play.

I recognise this may seem unconventional as villain may be able to check down lower pairs but that just seems too weaktight to be particularly +ev and betting is better.

What do you think? If you were for some reason in this spot with ATC would you make a cbet to take it down?

oh - if he gets AK and QQ preflop and calls with a load of other hands we dominate doesn't that actually make a 3bet better because we arn't so often dominated postflop?
      While I am vs UTG range + 3bet pot, not really. Why would I want to CB ATC? Kinda waste of money in long run. You don't even know the guy good enough ever to come up with profit here.

Nor you don't know if he gets in AK/QQ.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      sorry, not sure what this means. can you rephrase?
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Personally I would not 3 bet UTG in the blinds as when we get called we are going to be in a tough spot. I would rather play a smaller pot oop tbh. Just my thinking.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Originally posted by veriz
      sorry, not sure what this means. can you rephrase?
      About the part if he 4bets with those hands or not.