This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bonus necessary to beat micros?

• TWhelan
      TWhelan
      Bronze
      In the past few months I built up my roll to $400 playing speed STTs on PartyPoker, with an ROI ~ 38% and ITM ~ 45, admittedly over a VERY small sample (<300 games).

My bonus ran out a couple of weeks ago and since then I have been able to put in a lot more volume but have lost almost half my roll in that time. (I know this happens to every player).

Anyway since I know I can play well and beat the players on Party at these stakes should I stay there or do you think having a bonus to clear is really important to compensate for the high rake and variance at the micros?

If you think moving to a new site would be a good idea, can you suggest a good site for micro STTs for a UK player? Already have accounts on Stars, Party and Titan so those aren't an option.

Thanks!
  • 2 replies