$7.66
      MP3:
      $10.07
      CO:
      $8.70
      BU:
      $15.84

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.1) 2, 5, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, MP2 calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.5) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($6.9) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.50, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.9.

villain 42/25 af 2.0 cbet 100 ftcbet 0 15hands

PF : i think he`s got a wide call 3bet range.

Flop: some fish like to call 3bets pf and fold on flop. I think bet/fold is better than x/fold.

Turn: tone of draws came in,and his bet sizing make no sense on a such draw heavy board.

River: just a straight came in but after i called the turn i`m not expecting him to bet river with just Ahigh or some random overcard... so i fold.

What do you think about the bet on flop?
      Do you agree with the x/call on turn?

Was my decision wrong to fold the river? I`m not sure at all that my fold on river was good.
  • 6 replies
    • michel2311
      michel2311
      Bronze
      I would fold on the turn. Don't beat anything here and have only outs on overcards and gutshot straigth.

Just to check my own knowledge. If wrong please correct me:
      I would discount several outs because a diamond or hearts would make a flush. Only 6 outs here. Odds are 7.6:1. Potodds are 4.75:1.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

We shouldn't be CBetting in first place on the flop if we don't 2nd barrel here, just Check/Fold the flop. Check/Calling is one of the worst options you could pick, will be difficult to bluff-catch like that and of course doesn't make sense to Call just the turn for the draw or whatever you went for.

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      I didn't x/ch for the draw,i put him on AT,AJ,AQ,QK type of hands,so i called because i though i was ahead... but after my call on turn ,i didn't think he`s betting any of that on the river.

The reason i didn't bet the turn my self was that i didn't wanted to get into a situation where he calls turn and i have to x/fold river because the pot is too big and he could bluff me out with worst.

Still probably if he plays call flop,call turn in 3bet pot he won't be bluffing to often on the river :) even if i check it
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      I didn't x/ch for the draw,i put him on AT,AJ,AQ,QK type of hands,so i called because i though i was ahead... but after my call on turn ,i didn't think he`s betting any of that on the river.

The reason i didn't bet the turn my self was that i didn't wanted to get into a situation where he calls turn and i have to x/fold river because the pot is too big and he could bluff me out with worst.

Still probably if he plays call flop,call turn in 3bet pot he won't be bluffing to often on the river :) even if i check it
      Doesn't make sense at all. Hard to comment even your thoughts cause it seems that you are just trying to prove your line being correct.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      :) My line was not correct at all, i just said why i think i made the check on the turn... it was not correct. Bad reasoning happens in poker, this spot shows one of them.

His bet size confused me on turn.(still i was not supposed to check in the first place)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      :) My line was not correct at all, i just said why i think i made the check on the turn... it was not correct. Bad reasoning happens in poker, this spot shows one of them.

His bet size confused me on turn.(still i was not supposed to check in the first place)
      Even if his bet size confused you you wont really see a Check behind often enough of the river to Call it down and nor you don't have the implied odds unfortunately. :(