[NL20-NL50] 33 Nl20 Bss Fr

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      The board is drawy on the turn, correct play?

saw flop | saw showdown

Button MrCDPoker ($18.96)
      SB Masieas ($8.35)
      BB kdscharly ($15.00)
      UTG Mauricentra ($8.91)
      UTG+1 Ciciogol ($3.22)
      MP ilbarone13 ($19.70)
      CO-1 Hero ($19.50)
      CO XXFRANK6XX ($6.03)

Preflop: Hero is in the CO-1 with 3:spade: 3:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero calls 0.20, XXFRANK6XX raises to 0.40, 2 folds, kdscharly calls 0.20, Hero calls 0.20.

Flop (1.30) 4:diamond: 6:diamond: 3:club:
      kdscharly checks, Hero bets 1.00, 1 fold, kdscharly calls 1.00.

Turn (3.30) 8:diamond:
      kdscharly bets 2.00, Hero raises to 5.00, kdscharly calls 3.00.

River (13.30) A:spade:
      kdscharly bets 3.20, Hero moves all-in for 13.10, 1 fold
  • 20 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I think you can openraise it preflop from MP
      Bet more on flop, at least potsize, i would even slightly overebet
      The other option is to let this loosy guy to make a move in position and c/r
      you have good relative position on him, being last to act if he bets
      but i don't think its very cool for nl 20 though

as played, I think im just calling the turn
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I didn't want to open raise, as I am playing 100% to the BSS SHC. I'm going to play 100k hands, to see what BB/100 I can get. I usually play a bit looser and have 4.6bb/100. So just a little personal experiment.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      agree with xylere
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      100K hands seems a lot
      Don´t know if I´ve played 100K in this year, probably not.
      I like to re-raise turn. Don´t want to give free card to him and he probably has overpair. I´d only re-raise 7$.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I can play 100k in a month, have done for the last 5-6 months.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I like to re-raise turn. Don´t want to give free card to him and he probably has overpair. I´d only re-raise 7$.
      and the logic is? If he has an overpair, free card is not an issue. He shouldn't have a made flush here, as i don't expect him to bet it. So given your read you have to call here, otherwise you are making him fold -> loosing value

The real concern about a free card is 6Xd type of hands
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would like to get my money all-in with the set.
      and I can´t do that if I only call turn.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      So was I right to limp preflop? As we know no stats. The SHC says limp, but infact you say raise. So the SHC or you must be wrong. Theres major problems having SH players evaluating FR hands.
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Not everything that the chart says is a law.
      You've been playing 100K hands for 6 months now, u can improvise and adjust a bit.
      Limping with pocket pairs and suited connectors is easy exploitable.
      First in u should raise. If you think the hand is to weak to raise or ur afraid of a re-raise, just fold. Like FR I fold AJ UTG or UTG+1.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mintogo
      Not everything that the chart says is a law.
      You've been playing 100K hands for 6 months now, u can improvise and adjust a bit.
      Limping with pocket pairs and suited connectors is easy exploitable.
      First in u should raise. If you think the hand is to weak to raise or ur afraid of a re-raise, just fold. Like FR I fold AJ UTG or UTG+1.
      +1, SHC are guidelines for newbies, once you've played 600K hands you qualify as an experienced player I would say, and you should be able to create your own style that you feel the most comfortable with.

with that said I sux at teh FR, so I can't give you any particular advice on opening small PP
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I've played many hands yes. Do I win? What is the table playing like? Table image? there all factors whether I raise or fold. How can you comment, and say change the SHC? You've got no stats. Its impossible to comment and say raise, because you dont know the situation. So balls to anyone that says different.
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Ur not a girl right? Don't react like a girl then ;)
      U are right about the table dynamics and stats etc, but in general I don't like open limping.
      But hey everyone has its own style.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I have stated in my blog, that I was playing 100k hands, strictly to the SHC. So why would I open limp here? What gives you the right to say I shouldn't open limp, when the SHC tells me to. Who are you? Did you make the SHC? thought not. dont come here chatting shit. I'm being told to do the oposite of the SHC, when knowone knows jack shit about the situation. Fuckin idiot.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi everybody

Preflop limp for flopping a set is fine! I bet pot size on the flop and raise slightly bigger on the turn. Against only one opponent just calling the turn is simply wrong. Most of the times you are ahead and sometimes you are beat against the flush but still have outs.

nearly nh!

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I never called the turn.

EDIT: I realize now, missunderstood.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Hey Cannell,

I agree with you that stats, reads etc are very important when making decisions. Since you think so too, then can I suggest you add this information when you initally post?

That way, we are acting on all the information that you have, and we can assess the situation from the same starting point. Given the amount of hands you are playing, I think you will know a lot of this necessary information.

And then, no one needs to be offended by the feedback in the thread.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yes in the futute if I post any hands I'll add the stats to stop all this. Again though, I was playing 100k hands strictly to the SHC, not adapting the chart, so stats were irrelevant preflop in this hand. While I continue this little project I'm not posting any of the hands, as I dont want the confict it causes.

When I start adapting to stats again, I will also start posting hands again.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      sorry I didn't know you were willingly playing exactly by the SHC,
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      While I continue this little project I'm not posting any of the hands, as I dont want the confict it causes.
      Let me tell you, that discussions are very useful in order to really understand and start thinking. I appreciate any discussion in this forum.
      Please don't stop posting hands. Maybe you don't realise it now, but exactly this is, what helps you and others as well.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar