NL SH Silver TribunCaesar

• atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      So that was our first coaching today, which was full of chaos due to technical problems. Despite that we had some real interesting hands about getting as much value as possible out of your fishy opponents at the microstakes.

Here is probably the most important:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($54.73)
      MP ($81)
      Hero ($50)
      Button ($50)
      SB ($68.49)
      BB ($91.41)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:club: , J:diamond: .
      2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, SB calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4) J:club: , 4:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($9) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.5, SB calls $7.50.

River: ($24) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $14, SB calls $14.

Final Pot: $52

Results in white below:
      SB has 8d 8c (two pair, eights and fives).
      Hero has Qc Jd (two pair, jacks and fives).
      Outcome: Hero wins $52.

On the Turn you could find arguments for Potcontrol, since your hand isn't very strong. But since the board is so drawheavy and hands like 87, 76 got a pair now, it is a great spot to extract as much value as possible. Fishy opponents will call you down with just pocket 8's here, so stay aggressive and you'll beat the micros!
  • 47 replies
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      Sorry about the tech problems, most of them were from my side. Thanks for the viewers for keeping patient and atuerke for running most of the session!
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      This week we were finally able to fix our technical problems, but unfortunately swoldo disappeared after a while ;)
      So I played for the last ~30 minutes without facing alot of action.
      Still you saw 4 tables of NL50 most of the time and some interesting hands swoldo played.
      I'll ask him to post one of these hands here, so that we can discuss it!
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Today I played 5 tables of NL50 and we really saw alot of action due to my aggressive image.
      I tried to focus on how to exploit weak players, who are limping a big part of there range. So I tried to isolate them with almost everything :)

But loose Image leads people into giving your raises no respect and they are going to 3bet you alot.
      I explained how to use the 4bet Bluff against TAGs who are starting to 3bet more often:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($92.55)
      Hero ($69.25)
      Button ($22.15)
      SB ($50)
      BB ($59.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T:spade: , Q:heart: .
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, BB raises to $6, Hero raises to $15, BB folds.

Final Pot: $12.25

His 3betting Range could be about : 22+,AJs+,KQs,T9s,98s,AQo+,KQo 10,4%
      So if he is going all-in with QQ+, AK thats 2,6%

That means he is folding 75% of the time. So my EV is:

EV = 0.75 * 8$ - 0.25 * 15$ = 2,25$
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Seems like it's a atuerke only coaching now...

But ok... I played 4 Tables of NL50 today and used the program Hold'em Manager for the first time. While doing that, I discussed the advantages of different pokertools like pokertracker2, 3, elephant etc.
      Despite that I showed you the importance of aggressiveness and exlpoiting loose opponents by heavy valuebetting.
      We had one nice hand there... Since i'm on my notebook at the moment i'll just write down what happened.

I'm first in in the SB with A :club: J :spade: and raise to 1,5$, BB a loose player with 24$ stack, calls.

Flop comes down A :diamond: 9 :heart: 6 :diamond:
      I bet 2,5$, he calls.

Turn brings the Q :diamond:
      I bet 7$, he shoves, I call and he showes 4 :heart: 4 :diamond:

The Turn gets really interesting. The Flush hits therem but there are still tons of other Draws and worse made hands out, so I decided to bet for value again against a loose player. With that bet I'm pretty much commited and had to call his push.

Surprisingly he showed me 44 and I took it down :)
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      where did tom go? haven't seen him online for ~ a month. :(
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      Hi everybody, I'm still alive.

Unfortunately I haven't been online in the past 3 weeks because my parents don't agree with me playing poker and took my internet away (I'm at a friends house at the moment), this means that I won't be able to coach until i get back to university (Late September).

I still have the interesting hands from my last session in a txt file on my computer so I'll get those up ASAP.

Tom
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sw0ldo
      Hi everybody, I'm still alive.

Unfortunately I haven't been online in the past 3 weeks because my parents don't agree with me playing poker and took my internet away (I'm at a friends house at the moment), this means that I won't be able to coach until i get back to university (Late September).

I still have the interesting hands from my last session in a txt file on my computer so I'll get those up ASAP.

Tom

:D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      from Swoldo:

Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with J A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: A 8 8 ($4.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO raises to $6, Hero calls.

Turn: K ($16.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $16.25, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $16.25 returned to CO.

Results:
      Final pot: $16.25

Villian is 45/25
      reason for folding: at best we are splitting, if the K/Q didn't come down I'd be inclined to call to the river
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Hi, I just finished today's coaching, playing 4 tables of NL50. Again we've been focussing on playing very aggressive when being in position, but playing tight when out of position. That's the best way to put your opponents into difficult spots, while avoiding to get into them yourself.
      Besides that we discussed extracting as much value as possible out of loose fishy players. That means valuebetting alot and forgetting about potcontrol.

Here is one of the keyhands:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($43.20)
      BB ($50)
      Hero ($50)
      MP ($64.05)
      CO ($117.05)
      Button ($101.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J:diamond: , A:spade: .
      Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, CO calls $1.75, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($7) A:heart: , 3:diamond: , 5:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4.5, CO calls $4.50, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($16) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.5, CO calls $8.50.

River: ($33) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $24, CO calls $24.

Final Pot: $81

Results in white below:
      Hero has Jd As (two pair, aces and threes).
      CO doesn't show.
      Outcome: Hero wins $81.

He had A6. I should have bet more on the turn, in order to push on the river without overbetting it, but what I wanted to show is the following thing:

You just have to bet 3 streets here against loose players. Sometimes he's going to slowplay a strong hand, but in the longrun he is going to have a worse Ace alot more often. So bet/bet/bet
    • MulleKGB01
      MulleKGB01
      Bronze
      Hi, nice coaching, Id say Ill visit it more often in the future :)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      from Swoldo:

Full Tilt Poker
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with J A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: A 8 8 ($4.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO raises to $6, Hero calls.

Turn: K ($16.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $16.25, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $16.25 returned to CO.

Results:
      Final pot: $16.25

Villian is 45/25
      reason for folding: at best we are splitting, if the K/Q didn't come down I'd be inclined to call to the river
      Hmm, I always think the reverse. A king makes AQ harmless which a lower card wouldn't, but you lose three outs vs AK... given the call pf, I'm not worried about AK, perhaps AQ or 87s/76s
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      I agree, very good coaching and well explained. It's a shame that the coaching will be moving to partypoker, as there are no english coachings on full tilt at the moment, it would be nice to see some more.
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Yesterdays coaching was so sick... I played 4 tables of NL25 at Partypoker and managed to lose 6 Stacks in 500-600 hands. Although playing really fishy tables it just didn't work my way.
      Still I tried to stay as concentrated as possible and played a very tight game, especially in Position, since I was likely to get action on my strong hands anyway against all these loose players at the micro stakes.

Unfortunately my Pokertracker did not work, so that I am not able to give you the exact handhistory of the most interesting hand. But it was played against a very nitty german TAG.

I raised from middle position first in with A :heart: J :spade: and he coldcalled on the Button, everyone else folded.

Flop came down Q :heart: 4 :diamond: 4 :spade:
      I bet 1,5$ for 3/4 PS and he instantely called.

I thinks that he is usually not that strong here. A pocketpair should be around ~80% of his Range, so that I'm planing on 3barreling.

Turn is 2 :heart: , but that's not really important, as I'm going to bet anyway.

I bet 4$ and he folded.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Hi I posted this in the wrong spot - this is a hand you played last night that I am unsure about.

I want to start SH but at the mo I am just learning and watching coaching.

The hand below has me in a tizz - WHY did you call with just bottom pair after this guy had raised you up pre flop, did you have some stats on the guy. I can understand the shove with 2 pairs but why call on that flop - bad luck by the way with the K on the river.

Party Poker
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      6 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $35.51
      UTG+1: $23.81
      CO: $26.70 HERO
      Button: $33.98
      SB: $32.74
      BB: $61.92

Pre-flop: (6 players)
      2 folds, CO raises to $1, Button folds, SB raises to $1.75, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: A 9 Q ($3.75, 2 players)
      SB bets $4.25, CO calls.

Turn: T ($12.25, 2 players)
      SB bets $4.5, CO raises all-in $20.7, SB calls.

River: K ($12.25, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $12.25)

Results:
      Final pot: $12.25
      SB shows Kc Kh
      CO doesn't show Td 9d
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Well, he's not been doing this the first time. So I suspect his range won't be too tight. Since I flopped a pair I might have the best hand and with having a big stack left my implied should justify calling once on the flop.
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Last Sundays Coaching was one of the most interesting I ever had, so I'm sorry t o write my report that late.
      First of all: I ran quite well and managed to win ~2 Stacks even though I ran into Aces with Kings once.
      The interesting thing was, that we barely ever saw a showdown. I was able to play super aggressive and picked alot of good spots to take down Pots. Besides that I made some real nice folds and saved money that way.

Here is one example:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($101.95)
      SB ($51.60)
      BB ($48.15)
      UTG ($46.15)
      MP ($107.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A:club: , A:diamond: .
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5.25) 7:spade: , 3:diamond: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4, BB folds.

Turn: ($13.25) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $13.25, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13.25

Villain was running 16/15/1,8 over 350 Hands.

He's calling the flop multiway, which is already very strong, but when donkbetting the turn potsized he's going to have a set almost every single time, since his coldcalling range does not contain alot of non pockerpair hands
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Almost forgot last weeks report, the reason for it was the session itself!
      I think this was one of the worst coachings I ever had, we really did not see a single very interesting hand... I was just extremely carddead and tried to use my tighter image to steal a few more blinds without success.
      People 3bet me almost everytime I did now have a hand and whenever I had one, they folded.
      Almost every hand was finished at the flop, usually by me getting check/raised and having absolutely nothing.

So I really got on tilt and the only lesson you should have learned from that is: Leave your PC immediately when you get on tilt. Don't go on playing, go out, have some fun, but don't care about poker anymore.
      Actually that's one of the most important lessons you need to learn as a pokerplayer, so it was still a usefull coaching, even though we actually did not see a single showdown.
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Yesterdays coaching was really great. I played 4 tables of NL25 at Partypoker and we had some great action even though I played pretty tight. I manages to win 2 stacks, though losing to a runner runner 2 outer...
      Kings are just not enough sometimes on a AKJ Board against A9o :)

We had one really interesting topic you'll have to deal with as you move up in limits anyway, so I decided to talk about it even though it's not really part of a beginners coaching:
      3betting loose!

We had the following spot.
      2 folds, CO a TAG german player openraises from the CO and I am in the BU finding 6 :spade: 5 :spade: .
      So what's the best decision here having a tight image? 3betting him!
      His stealing range is quite loose and without history and a tight Image he is very likely to fold everthing but TT+, AQ+. So I'm gonna get him to fold very very often. and even if we see a flop I'll be in position and got some potential with a suited connecter.
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Played on Monday this week, as I was not at home the whole weekend :)
      Sessions was still very nice, I've been playing NL100 for the first time in this coaching on Partypoker and we had alot of great and interesting spots as the game is way more aggro at these stakes.
      Still there was one hand I really had no idea which line to take. I posted it in the handevaluation forum and would really like to hear your opinion about it.
      So discuss with me!

Jacks against 2 fish