UTG+1 ($53.97)
      CO ($167)
      BTN ($52.64)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3.25) 9:heart: 5:spade: 2:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.25, Hero raises to $7.10, BTN calls $4.85

TURN ($17.45) 9:heart: 5:spade: 2:spade: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $12.35, BTN raises to $44.04 (AI)

villain vpip18/pfr13/stealbtn30(23)/cbet67/afq32(turn23(22))/wtsd26/w$sd50/hands353[/quote]
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HitThe1Out,

Preflop: Why would you Call with such hands? Especially vs a nitty player, I don't really see myself doing that.

As played
      Postflop: Bet/Fold the turn cause we don't have anymore decent equity with just 1card to come and we are most likely against a made hand range.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      With the flopraise we isolate ourselves vs better. Why not just call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      With the flopraise we isolate ourselves vs better. Why not just call?
      Taken into account how wide his range is, taken into account we protect our hand from overcards, taken into account that we don't have implied odds on the turn anymore to Call then no.
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Thanks. I think my defend is not that bad but I guess have to be more careful in those spots.

The turn was pretty tough spot for me 'cause I have the odds to continue vs hands like TT. Did some calculations and got that we are something around 3% short of equity to continue. Now when you said that it's b/f I think my range evaluation is correct. I folded on turn but had to tank it a bit.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HitThe1Out
      Thanks. I think my defend is not that bad but I guess have to be more careful in those spots.

The turn was pretty tough spot for me 'cause I have the odds to continue vs hands like TT. Did some calculations and got that we are something around 3% short of equity to continue. Now when you said that it's b/f I think my range evaluation is correct. I folded on turn but had to tank it a bit.
      Why would you be just vs one combo. :P And most likely not that often going to happen that you will see TT overplaying like that.

I think my defend is not that bad but I guess have to be more careful in those spots.

I am listening, why it's good then? :)
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Well, TT was just an example that vs overpairs except JJ I can call 'cause also 9's and J's are outs for me. Also thought that is it possible for him to have any own draws played like that? It was his overall range I wasn't sure.

And I think J9s is a bit problem hand there but vs this type of honest villain I think I can outplay him time to time. Also we know pretty often how strong is his range or how weak is it. Oop isn't a friend though. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HitThe1Out
      Well, TT was just an example that vs overpairs except JJ I can call 'cause also 9's and J's are outs for me. Also thought that is it possible for him to have any own draws played like that? It was his overall range I wasn't sure.

And I think J9s is a bit problem hand there but vs this type of honest villain I think I can outplay him time to time. Also we know pretty often how strong is his range or how weak is it. Oop isn't a friend though. :D
      The only case we know here is that his range has hardly dominated you, even BTN range. :D So which means = calling like a station down when we hit some Jxx board and paying too much money and I am pretty sure this is going to happen.