$0.32
      UTG2:
      $2.95
      MP1:
      $0.73
      MP2:
      $1.70

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0.14, MP1 calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.57) 2, 7, Q (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.18, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.81, UTG2 raises to $2.77, Hero calls $0.82.

Turn: ($4.97) K (2 players)

River: ($4.97) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.97.
      Results follow:

UTG2 shows two pairs, tens and twos(T T).
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and twos(Q A).

UTG2 wins with two pairs, tens and twos(T T).
      Hero wins with two pairs, queens and twos(Q A).

I'm not sure on whether my play was solid here, i think my response before the flop was too much, as in i over raised and i should potentially have only raised like 14 or 16, i see the SHC is telling me to not just fold but i figure that vs a min raise, his range is almost as weak as a limper's, and so is the person calling that min raise.
      On the flop I hit TPTK and i feel like that his play here puts him on a range of something like QJ, QK or QT, or an OK pocket pair.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foulkezboyz,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Do you think he is capable of calling with a lot worse hands on the flop? But of course overall it's possible to raise and if we raising then we are also planning to go broke.

Best Regards.
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      like i said i think the majority of his range comes from other high Q's that maybe explain the reasonably passive preflop play, a medium pocket pair also fits in that range, with this hand i was more looking towards my preflop play to see whether the reraise and deviating from the SHC was a bad idea or whether given the situation of the guy having a. a full stack and b. me having the top of the catergory, IE the AQ-AT category, and will this preflop play be plus EV in future, i'm sort of at the stage where im still doubting the shit out of my instincts and judgements. thanks for the welcome veriz i got like 3 or so more hands to put and go take a look at my thread in the locker room :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by foulkezboyz
      like i said i think the majority of his range comes from other high Q's that maybe explain the reasonably passive preflop play, a medium pocket pair also fits in that range, with this hand i was more looking towards my preflop play to see whether the reraise and deviating from the SHC was a bad idea or whether given the situation of the guy having a. a full stack and b. me having the top of the catergory, IE the AQ-AT category, and will this preflop play be plus EV in future, i'm sort of at the stage where im still doubting the shit out of my instincts and judgements. thanks for the welcome veriz i got like 3 or so more hands to put and go take a look at my thread in the locker room :D
      I will take a look later on into the Locker room but if you have hands to post then post them into this section. :) Good luck on tables!