Free Poker Softwares Like HM

• 7 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Have no idea about free, but if there is one then it's probably shit, well there is Pokerstrategy's own Elephant which is free, but they are shutting it down on 9 July so that is a no go. Best you can have is Poker tracker 4 beta https://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT4/beta.php Not sure how long it will be free, but it could be like 2 months, there is also HM2 trial which is 30 days and also Poker tracker 3 trial which is 60 days, so you could survive on trials long enough to earn enough money to get the micro stakes version of HM or PT which is like 45-50$
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Yes, there is at least stuff that you can use for a couple of months without paying. I'm sure others will give feedback on details. I can't really.

I used PT1 (or 2, dont remember) years ago. I used Elephant (free) for a couple of months, but Elephant is no longer supported. Then I bought HM2, but got myself a refund for about a million of reasons. Since then I purchased PT3 and use that.

The point I want to make is that a more than sporadically working poker tracking software package is a formidable undertaking on part of the developers. You can not reasonably ever expect free software to work satisfactorily in this area.

What acutally exist on the market (that you would pay for) is not up to decent standards according to my requirements on software. PT3 is working smoothly (on a 5+ years old computer), but does not have the functionality of HM2. On the other hand, HM2 is a piece of software that is probably beyond salvation. It needs to be completely rewritten from scratch (despite nice ambitions when it comes to functionality).

You will have to be the best judge yourself. What do you need? What do you have in terms of hardware? If you have access to the computing power of Google, then a micro version of HM2 might be best. Don't pay anything before you find it acceptable. If you'd like a program that actually works on smaller supercomputers, then PT3 mirco version might be an option. But same thing here: Use the trial period. By all means, download and try whatever you find that is free. But that last option is probably a waste of time. You get what you pay for.

Why am I ranting on like this about software quality? Most people seem to be happy with whatever they use. This will be a topic of a blog of mine :evil:

[I've developed lowlevel software C++ libaries in conjuction with relatonal databases for 15 years. I simply know that if real programming and design went into a project like poker tracking, then you should easilly be able to play thousands of tables without the CPU even noticing it. I mean, it's not like finding numerical solutions to the Einstein Field Equations for a Galaxy Cluster.]

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Is there any way to get the $25 small stakes deal anymore?
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Just go to the relevant sites and check out for yourself, or search for things like "Free" trackers. Be aware though that if you sign up for a "Free" tracker, then you are probably tied up to one site for about a gazillion hands, and pokerStrategy points, bonuses and stuff like that are out of the question for that site.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I checked the sites already of course but I'm not interested in grinding to earn the license. I was just wondering if a rep here has any power to help with a deal or Pokerstrategy itself.
    • AwaysRemember
      AwaysRemember
      Bronze
      As they said it - Use trials hem1 15 days + hem2 30 days + pt3 60 days = 105 days for free
      when they are all out you can just reinstall your OS and get another 105 days for free and so on. If u don' mind re installs you can save $ from tracking software
    • nikasvan
      nikasvan
      Bronze
      thanks guys I'll try trials at first